Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Territorials'.
Found 1 result
A buy it now from the bay. Royal artillery Territorial force officers forage cap, for a Major or Lt Colonel. The RA TF was formed from the Volunteer force in 1908 and after WWI was granted the right to wear the "normal" RA gun badge, prior to that they wore a version with laurel leaves on the upper scroll instead of the word Ubique. The maker of the cap, Hamburger, Rogers & Co. were well known military outfitters who had been in existence for many years, originally established in 1750, 1796 R. and H. Hewetson. 1814 Hamburger and Co. 1827 Hamburger, Harwood and Co. 1839 Hamburger, Rogers and Co. then from 1841 when Rogers joined as Hamburger, Rogers & Co, Kings st, London, until they went out of business in 1917, though some sources claim Rogers joined in 1839. They were best known for supplying swords and headgear, though originally they were renown suppliers of lace for the Royal family and for military uniforms. The condition is not too bad, though only a fragment of the chinstrap survives and there is some moth tracking on the crown.