Historical War Militaria Forum

Here is one you don't see too often.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Mine's a bit damaged, yours is much nicer......want to swap?

• Like 1

Hi guys.

Both correct these are not that common for sure.

I just love em real nice to see variants .

Yes Stug I think as a good gesture he should swap  :w00t: ha ha

• Like 1

I  have  an  Osang  marked  version of  this badge  which were  called  fake on  another  forum. I  don`t know  whether  these  are  fake or not  as my knowledge isn`t  enough on  these  to  comment. I  post it  here  for  members information  and  as  ever looking  for  opinions

Jim

Would help  if I  posted  the  right  badge :crying:

Jim

• Like 1

Unfortunately this Osang badge is now viewed as being a fake due to the beveled edge on obverse, a trait seen only on post war manufactured badges.

Thanks to Jo Rivett's book a lot of the old hype has now been debunked.

Tom

Hi Tom,

Yes  i  am  aware of  this one  being  questioned now.  Fortunately  I only have  this one left from  my  collection  which has all  been sold.  This is in my  "dubious" pieces  box.

jim

• Like 1

I don't have an Osang but I would say this....Yes those with beveled (sp) outer edge are in fact post-war copies.  That being said and agreed to would not include Osang without a beveled(sp) outer edge then? Did Osang manufacture TR Frauenschaft badge or this maker totally a copy?  The reason I ask this is I have seen an Osang that does not exhibit the shoddy pin attachment soldering work (ie the burn marks of overheating that they show)  I would love to see if this example is beveled (sp)   Take a look on GMIC at Don Scowens' example and you can clearly see it shows traits of an original to its reverse.  Good Sunday to all of you.  Saber7

This is  the  reason  I  have  given up  on many  Third  Reich  pieces.  I  bought  this badge  some  time  ago  from  a  reputable  dealer. It  is now  considered  fake,  although  when  I  read  about  this on  a post  on  WAF by Jo,  he  didn`t expand on it ,just  stated they  were  fake.  I  did  correspond  with  some guys  who  challenged  this  claim ,but hey,  what  do  I  know. I  did  contact  Jo  direct  but  had  a normal reply  I  didn`t  quite understand  and left  me  as  confused  as  when  I  started. :crying:

My  entire  NSDAP collection  has now  gone. The  sad  thing is  that  many  folk  will  have  fake pieces in  their  collections and  will  not  even  know.  This is  what  will  eventually  be  the  end of  this aspect  of  the  hobby and  the  bottom  will  fall out of  the  market  for  sure in  the long  run.

Sad,  but  that is  the  way of  the  world  these  days

Jim

I don't have an Osang but I would say this....Yes those with beveled (sp) outer edge are in fact post-war copies.  That being said and agreed to would not include Osang without a beveled(sp) outer edge then? Did Osang manufacture TR Frauenschaft badge or this maker totally a copy?  The reason I ask this is I have seen an Osang that does not exhibit the shoddy pin attachment soldering work (ie the burn marks of overheating that they show)  I would love to see if this example is beveled (sp)   Take a look on GMIC at Don Scowens' example and you can clearly see it shows traits of an original to its reverse.  Good Sunday to all of you.  Saber7

Hi Saber

Had a looksee at Don's badge, seems to me to be the same type fake discussed in this thread.

Tom

Perhaps my eyes were deceiving me.  The color of the metal is not the same and there are no overheating marks on the reverse.

I have  to  say  that  having just  re  read  the  thread over on  WAF there  seems  to  be little other  than insulting  each  other in  the  way  of  evidence  to  prove or  disprove  the  "fake" theory  relating  to  this  badge. Another  reason  why  i  don`t  frequent  the NSDAP  sections of  the  forum.Too  many "experts" who  claim  to  be "experts"

I  get more confused  daily  by  some people over  there. I`ll  stick  to  my  EKs  I  think

Jim

• Like 1

Jim, they should just sit around the table, have a nice cup of tea or coffee with a little piece of cake and enjoy the hobby, communicate and debate with eachother in a friendly manner. That's the passion and enjoyment in this hobby. As you say I know some are just leaving the hobby because of endless (insulting) debates, pick on each other, say it is fake and then wanna buy it as reference whilst they know it is a good and seldom etcetera.. It is all destroying the hobby, 

I could not agree more with all of the above.  Perhaps a reason my interest  has been on the decline.  I find myself now looking at a certain forum merely to check out the arguing and one-upmanship that goes on.  Kind of pathetic on my part when I think about it.  Have a nice weekend. S7

• Like 1

Beveled edges can be confusing.

On some badges what looks like a beveled edge is really not its just how the die is set up.

These are uneven unlike the fake edges which are perfect all the way around.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.