Historical War Militaria Forum
Bart V.

Subscriptions - Help HWMF

Dear loyal members,

I've introduced Subscriptions to our Forum. It has been several months now without almost any Donation with exception of two regular contributing members however costs of our Forum hosting reached a new scale. I'm paying as off now €130 a month for hosting costs other costs not included (extra security, domain name..) earlier on it has been bearable since our Forum didn't was that big but since a few months more posts were regularly made as well as images posted. Since nothing gets deleted (or there has to be a very good reason) the size only increase and so do the member numbers and so on... I hope with the subscription to make these costs bearable and to improve the Forum. There have been a few downtime because of the size our server / database is getting and I've regularly to update it (increase memory which costs money) and when I moved away from a less reliable host to a dedicated Forum hosting service.

I want to thank all of you who made donations before. I hope via this new system to give you more in return. I've done raffles in the past, where I gave away items for free or for a little sum, I bought these from my own money etc. to give something in return. I'm planning when the Subscription are successful to do this again and a few little extras. I also want to improve the Forum as well since I currently do it all myself because of the monthly costs I already have to make. I can add plenty more advertisements to the forum to bear a little more of the costs but I'm choosing not to, in order to increase my user's usability of the forum. 

I've put online three subscription since I don't know which one will become the most popular or interesting one. All three will come with some few extras which you'll read when you choice an option. I never took more than I gave which I think many of you can confirm. I can't force you, only ask but I hope when you learned something from our Forum, are a regular contributor, want to support HWMF etc. that you may take an interest in such yearly subscription (so only once a year). 

They vary from 15 EUR to 25 EUR and are payable via PayPal and IBAN/BIC. Also if you upgrade from a lower subscription to a higher one, you'll receive a discount and only pay the difference. Y

Click below to sign up:

Read more and, or Sign up for a Subscription here.
You can also go to the main menu and click "Subscribe"

Note: You can chose whether the Subscriptions renews automatically or not.

What do I receive with a "Platinum Contributor" Membership?

What extra's come with the "Platinum Contributor" Membership?

• You'll receive a Rank insignia beneath your username when you post and be granted the title of Platinum Contributor.
  • You'll receive a 10% Discount on MilitariaRelics.com!
  • You'll receive access to Forum Raffles!
    • Take part in Raffles meant for Enlisted Members, Bronze Contributors, Silver Contributors, Gold Contributors and Platinum Contributors.
  • You'll receive access to Downloads!
  • You'll receive unique Discounts and Free Products in the Store!
  • You'll receive access to Gallery!
    • You'll receive extra options such as creating Private Albums and Friend-Only Albums.
  • You'll be able to customize your profile!
    • You'll be able to upload a background image for your profile (maximum filesize of 5000 kb).
    • You'll be able to use a signature!
    • You'll be able to upload an Avatar to a max. filesize of 1000 kb.
  • You'll be able to send Attachments via Private Messages!
  • You'll receive a higher maximum limit of store-able Private Messages!
    • You'll be able to store 800 Private Messages
  • You'll be able to give a maximum of 20 Positive Reputations within 24 hours.
  • You'll have an unlimited limit to post Forum Attachments!
  • You'll be able to Upload per post a maximum of 15 MB (total filesize of the Attachments in 1 post).
  • You'll be able to Edit your posts up to 150 minutes after posting!
  • and of course support Historical War Militaria Forum!

As a Enlisted Member you only have storage for 25 PM's and post max. 2 MB (total file-size of the Attachments in 1 Post) per post. In total you can upload 100 MB in attachments. You'll have to upgrade your Membership with a subscription afterwards to receive an unlimited amount.

Frequently Asked Questions:

Thanks,
Yours sincerely,
Bart

Thanks big tile Aaron and Malcom for becoming a Platinum Contributor! Who will follow? Thanks in advance for your support.

Instead of donating (without using the Subscription method) I rather recommend you to buy one of the Subscriptions offered since that system works automatically. You'll receive the extras instantly such as the extra features, promotions in the store and permission to participate in (dedicated) Raffles in the near future.. 

Joining the ranks of "Platinum Contributor" are Graham, Joe and Philippe! Your support is immense appreciated! Also big thanks to Stewart and Martin who joined the rank of "Silver Contributor" but will serve higher ranks soon, they both said. Your loyalty and support is highly appreciated by us all and all visitors.

Feel free to join their Ranks! The subscription(s) are just the start of something great. Raffles - even Free ones - will come up soon as a big thanks to our Contributors, improvements to our Forum and maybe a reunion someday, who knows? Historical War Militaria Forum is a close, warm and friendly Militaria Community.. You guys show proof this!

Hello  fellow  members,

i  have today  received  an  email  from  forum  lead  Bart  regarding introducing  forum  subscriptions.

Can  I  ask  all  members  to  consider  Bart's  communication.

This is  a  great  forum,  with  great members  who  create  a  fantastic  environment of  learning and  enjoyment. I  certainly  do  not  want  to  lose  this this  site.  it is  a  great  project and  one  that  deserves  to  continue.

Can  I  ask  all  those  fellow members  to  follow my lead,  subscribe  and  continue  this  terrific  forum.,

All  the  best  to  you  all

Jim

• Like 2

The Rank of "Platinum Contributor" is growing at once with new support of our ever-loyal James "Jim" (also our Forum Adjutant) and Jerry (Head Section Moderator for all British Sections). The Rank of "Gold Contributor" was enlarged with the second Martin of our Forum (more known as Martin W.). Your support and group spirit is much appreciated! Thanks for the compliments Stewy and Jim.

For information, the Subscription can be cancelled anytime. Go to "Client Area", "Purchases" and on the right corner you'll find "Cancel" (See Attachment).

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I must admit, as I've said before this is the only forum I really enjoy. To show my "stuff" & to gain knowledge from the experts, a worth while (& fair price IMO). Let's keep the forum going. If it were lost due to costs it would be awful. Stewy

What  a  brilliant  post  Stewy :thumbsup:

Jim

What  a  brilliant  post  Stewy :thumbsup:

Jim

Only the truth Jim. Here & WRF are the only forums where I post my stuff that I get. No egos, only assistance if I'm not quite up to speed. If it helps me & provides info for others here, I'm happy. To me it makes all the difference. Stewy
  • Like 1

Only the truth Jim. Here & WRF are the only forums where I post my stuff that I get. No egos, only assistance if I'm not quite up to speed. If it helps me & provides info for others here, I'm happy. To me it makes all the difference. Stewy

And  that  my  friend is  what  HWMF stands  for. Well put!!!!

Jim

The Rank of "Platinum Contributor" was joined by Ian, Marcus and Hans Kristian! Thanks for your support and loyalty towards the Forum. It is most appreciated. Who is ready to join their Ranks? You can help!

Thanks for your compliment Alberto and Kevin! A few more daring members have joined the Rank of "Platinum Contributor", welcomed here are Kevin (our I.D. & Documents Section Moderator) and Alberto. "Gold Contributor" was joined by Gerald and "Silver Contributor" by José (a member with 0 posts!). Thanks all of you guys, your support shown in most appreciated and rewarding. Glad to have you all on board. Who dares next? Your subscription makes improving the Forum possible and have it running smoothly for each and everyone. It is also rewarding!

Louie joined the rank of "Silver Contributor". Thanks for your support! Almost three months of hosting costs are covered. You can help help HWMF too! Don't just look -- become a part of it. Raffle(s) will be held soon to celebrate your support. 

Done - glad to contribute to this lovely forum :thumbup:

Some people walk the talk.. Our 1957 Section Moderator Mathijs joined the ranks of "Platinum Contributor". Thanks for your support and kindness towards HWMF! 

One of our other Members Jørn has signed up to become a "Gold Contributor". His support is much appreciated, don't doubt.. You can help HWMF too. All your efforts are appreciated.

Other brave souls such as Sebastien, Guy and Justin signed up for a Subscription and joined the growing elite of "Platinum Contributor". I thank them for their Support and Loyalty towards HWMF. It is much appreciated. 

Another member (with 0 posts!) wanted to join the Elite.. Charles has signed up and received the rank of "Platinum Contributor". Thanks for your support! It is much appreciated.

Jorn has upgraded to "Platinum Contributor"! Thanks for your support! I also updated the thread on the front page with how to upgrade and cancel your automatic subscription. All your efforts are much appreciated!