Historical War Militaria Forum

Hi all

I am really happy that I stumbled across this group. I have had an interest in German World War Two History every since I received my Oupa's soldbuch. He was an Oberwachtmeister in the Anti-Aircraft and saw action in Poland, France and Russia and ended his war career in a flak school working with Acht-Acht Kanonne

I am originally from South Africa but now live in New Zealand Auckland. I have a particular interest in the Afrikakorp and the whole North African campaign. I collect Afrika Korp death cards and pictures (all original) and also have a burgeoning collection of soldbuchs and wehrpasses. I have a couple Afrika Korp and a couple Luftwaffe but the rest are from various campaigns.

I attach two of my death cards to Bruno Dietrich who is buried in Tobruk and was a member and of a Gebirgs Jaeger regiment and Hans Scheuerer in a Flak Regiment who is buried in Bir Hacheim.

Regards

Sven

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Hi Sven,

Welcome on the HWMF.

I do hope that you like to stay around here.

Nice death cards, thanks for showing.

I see that Bruno Dietrich died at El Tmimi.

Looking forward to your posts showing your Soldbücher and Wehrpäße.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Hi Sven, hello mate. I'm with Eric, I look forward to seeing your S/B & W/P collection. Stewy

Thanks for replies and greetings . I attach below some propaganda postcards with lovely Afrikakorp themes. I particularly like the 'cartoon' themes postcards- I am looking to collect the whole series.

Sven:

Hello! Welcome to HWMF. Thank you for sharing family history with the Forum.

Best regards,

John

Dear Sven, thanks for joining our HWMF Community, I'll bet you will have an enjoyable time on here. Feel free to share your Afrikakorps collection and, or tell us more on your grandfather's service.