Historical War Militaria Forum
Bart V.

Nebelwerfer-Regiment 52 Doc Killed in Action

I got this little set a while ago however just have a little time now to share it with you. This set belonged to Kriegs-Offizier-Sanitäts-Anwärter Richard Bode belonged to a Nebelwerfer-Regiment until he died of his wounds in 1943.

From Febr.-July 42 he served with Infantry and Medical Service training units in Germany after which he was transferred to Werfer-Regiment 52, an independent Rocket Launcher unit, then operating in Russia ( a.o. Donez, Terek. Artemowsk ). The unit was a.o. attached to the 23.Pz.Div. as his Iron Cross 2nd Cl. was awarded to him by that unit (13-11-42). 25-4-43 he was injured by (aircraft) bomb splinters (left leg) due to which he died 18-6-43 in a military field hospital. Interesting and scarce group to a Rocket Launcher unit M.D. 

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Paperwork that came with it.

• Like 1

Interesting that he got more foreign awards (2 x Romanian) than German ones! Good to see a few entries on the campaign page as sometimes it is the only way to get a fairly detailed idea of where such units fought.

Here is the Volksbund confirmation of his death:

• Like 1

I like this group a lot! Not a typical Wehrpass which is a purely administrative document but one with that "has-been-there-feeling".

Initially I was very surprised that this trained doctor (!) spent two months in the lazarett with a wounded lower leg and finally died. This would have been a huge medical disaster I think :-)

But then I looked at it again and I think he must have died of a different wound two months later. Still a lot of bad luck to get wounded two times in two months in a Werfer unit in 1942.

And like Kevin said, a lot of foreign awards. I think medal-wise as a German soldier you were really lucky if you fought in the Southern part of the Eastern front in 41/42 because of those Romanian campaign medals you got as a little bonus.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.