Historical War Militaria Forum
JustinG

Zerstörer Anton Schmitt completing collection

I have seen the photo you have posted earlier.  Other than that, I haven't seen too many photos with the Anton Schmitt.  You have a rare one there.

I think I am going to simply place my tallies behind a non glare glass, leaving space. I am going to apply a magnetic strip on the backside of a re-enforced archival approved matting and then secure along the matting, holding in place the tallies.  I have a nice digital frame that I can load up with photos of the destroyers and have that shuffling photographic postcard images of the various ships that are in my collection.   That right now is the plan.   The frame is going to have to be quite large though.  I do like what A.H (Rombak)  has done with some of his. I just don't think I have the wall space.  We'll see.  I will show a photo of all of them together.  I will break out My RKF and lay them out for a photo shoot. 

Best Regards,

JustinG

• Like 1

JustinG:

Hello! Congratulations on your latest acquisition. Thank you for continuing to share KM cap tally collection with the Forum. Since light is the enemy of archiving cloth, I recommend using UV archival class, which will reduce glare.

R/s,

John

• Like 1

Wonderful addition to you ever-growing collection and now completing the battle destroyer fleet tallies. What's next to complete?

• Like 1

I only need the Unterseebootstender Mosel before I complete the entire U-boat wing.   This hopefully, shouldn't be as hard as the Anton Schmitt.  I already have the rarest tallies already for the uboat fleet, hopefully it won't be too long now.

If you know of one, I do offer a finders fee.   :)

Best regards,

JustinG 

Well, when it rains, it pours. 
I was able to arrange getting a metal faden version of the Anton Schmitt.   I was unaware of any metal thread versions of this particular tally as this was the last tally for a ship unit created before the order came down to only issue "Kriegsmarine" tallies.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.