Historical War Militaria Forum

Hi guys, I have a question..  This baby has the Regina rifles flash, but ---  when was this put on there ?   Mr.Tinlid has been so good to let me know that a bunch of Mk.2s were refurbished post-war ,and in a greenish color..   But is this one of those ?   Or was this greenish color added during WW2 ?

And opinions are welcome :)

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Imo Aaron is spot on on his assessment and the paint on the exterior of the helmet body was post war applied and would have been done so no earlier than late 1952 or early 1953 as the Canadian Military was at that time starting to under go with a restructuring and good portion of are equipment including helmets fell under the brush as it were and was repainted in either a gloss and or semi gloss OD green...

The liner would have been manufactured by ( VMC ) the Viceroy Manufacturing Company and if war time produced will be date stamped on one of the liner cross bands more information can be found at the link below...

www.historicalwarmilitariaforum.com/topic/8542-the-canadian-mk-ii-and-its-components/

Regards Mark  

I see, thank you for information :)  so this green color is for sure post-war, Im really glad to know as my personal expire date is 1945...

Allright, I have no interest in this helmet anymore, but does somebody ells ?  Is this rare in any way ?

thx for answering my post

Yes in my humble opinion the paint is post war applied I have never seen this particular colour of paint used pre 1952/1953 and I have a few Canadian Post war reworked helmets in my collection as per the example below...

Regards Mark

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.