Historical War Militaria Forum
Petesav

cased uboat clasp

Hi there guys .I haven't been in here for some while so I thought I would post this.

Here we have a rare bronze uboat clasp STILL with its original production cardboard box .Sorry to say the tissue paper is not with it.

Picked this up from an auction once ,it was the only real piece in about 40 bits of fishing weights (fakes) .

Hope you like it ,aint it sweet.Regards Petemy pictures 077.jpg

Please login or register to see this attachment.

my pictures 078.jpgmy pictures 075.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks Martin.

Do you know what I had the box for sale for some time on waf but people only contacted me to buy the pair .The clasp is in a frame that makes it very hard to show it.

Funny old we live in.

Regards Pete

I always wondered why these weren't presented in nicer containers?  I am glad you were able to identify the box as an original container.  I personally haven't seen one before.  Is there anything else on the box that can help you identify this as the box of issue.  I don't see any maker mark or other script?  I don't have any experience with these boxed awards.  I would like to better educate myself.   Is there a sales display, or a award ceremony showing the boxes for the U-boat spange?  How were you able to determine the authenticity of the box? The spange is beautiful.  Great example. 

Thanks,

JustinG

Great clasp Pete!

Here is my U-boat clasp in bronze. It is hand vaulted by the owner. During the vaulting process a maker's mark was hammered almost flat. Despite that the clasp is in great condition. I bought it from a seller who strip sold at Kassel show a huge grouping from Kapt.-Leutn. Ing. who served on u-boats. I also enclose the rest of the items I got from that grouping.

Cheers,

Hubert

• Like 1

Hi Justin,

As far as I know this is the only type of box that was used. It is not certain if the clasps were packed by Gablonz maker who really made them or by Schwerin who only marketed them. All in all clasps were sent in such carton boxes to the KM but as other KM awards in most cases were presented loose.

Cheers,

Hubert

Here are few pics of the u-boat clasp cartons (bronze and silver) that I have in my data base.

Cheers,

Hubert

• Like 1

thank you Hubert .The one I was looking for was at lakeside trader in silver.But sadley it has gone .

Well that cleared up any issue on that .I only wish I had a piece of original tissue paper to add to it .

Thanks for showing ,best regards /Pete

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.