TheGronkster

Photos - Flamethrower Troops / Flammenwerfer Truppen

11 posts in this topic

Gentlemen,

This thread is for photos of German flamethrowers and the troops that used them during the First World War.  Please feel free to add any photos or documents you have to contribute to the topic.

Enjoy!
Ben

Great photograph, Ben. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for looking!

Below is a photo in Paranoid_Womb's collection on Flickr that was taken in the same spot:

15626945693_06d44f5f25_k.jpg

All three of these Pioneers are also in the photo from my post above.

1 person likes this

Here is my insignia from that regiment. The Litzen are for the simplified M1907 tunic (gray center strip) and the other pair are for the Bluse. The shoulder straps are the 1915 pattern.

58add3f18d7f9_GardeRes_Pion_Rgt.Insignia.jpg.fda1ae88c10407f59cb21eff33085e9f.jpg

1 person likes this

17 hours ago, Oberjäger said:

Here is my insignia from that regiment. The Litzen are for the simplified M1907 tunic (gray center strip) and the other pair are for the Bluse. The shoulder straps are the 1915 pattern.

58add3f18d7f9_GardeRes_Pion_Rgt.Insignia.jpg.fda1ae88c10407f59cb21eff33085e9f.jpg

Great little set you've there, Chip. Thanks for sharing it with the Forum!

@Oberjäger Chip, thanks for sharing those.  Were those removed from uniforms or were they unissued stock?

Jagdkommando (Hunting Detachment) of 1. Kompanie Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 260 (1st Company, 260th Reserve Infantry Regiment):

Jagdkommando_RIR260-01.jpg

An impressive group of assault troops and their weapons.  Two Wex flamethrowers are visible in the front row.  Photo taken March 1918.  No information on reverse.

2 people like this

:excl: FEUER! :ohmy:

Flammenwerfer-04.jpg

No information on reverse.  It would be interesting to know if this was a defensive action to slow an enemy advance, a spectacle to divert attention, or perhaps an effort to conceal movement.  Otherwise, the wagons seem dangerously close to nearby structures for training purposes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor