Historical War Militaria Forum
Marcus H

Your most prized purchase of 2016

Most prized, but not militaria related would be a scrishaw wall bone plate made by Roderick;

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

On 20/12/2016 at 8:59 PM, PioneerRAE said:

Hi Guy's,  just pick up this from fellow collector located in Hungry, he got it out of a estate sale.    Its a LW Pilots uniform, unfortunately the jacket was use by the person who had it after the War as his winter jacket, so I need to find a good seamstress to mend the damage cloth.  

Lou

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Lou

You have picked up an excellent pair of electrically heated 'Channel Hose' there, it is very seldom to encounter both lanyards on the survival equipment pockets.

Are all of the wiring looms and connectors present? and the zips fully functioning?

Regards Richard.

6 hours ago, StGeorge64 said:

Lou

You have picked up an excellent pair of electrically heated 'Channel Hose' there, it is very seldom to encounter both lanyards on the survival equipment pockets.

Are all of the wiring looms and connectors present? and the zips fully functioning?

Regards Richard.

Hi Richard,  Yes that is what I thought as well, as I did have another set off trousers, but had major issues, zippers had eroded, and a couple were missing, the left front thigh pocket was missing:-(, so when I first sore this complete outfit, I was surprised that all the pieces were still with the uniform, and yes all coms cables are there (the one in the left pocket, and the extension pice) 2 off the zippers centre unit that closes, and opens the zipper were missing, 1. from the left ankle area, and the fly zipper, I managed to remove 2 of the units from my other damage trousers, I did fix the ankle, and I thought I had fixed the fly zipper but as I mention these items were really corroded so pice just broke away, so I am now look to find another one.   Also last week I was told from the seller that the lady he purchased it from has found other pieces, so I am waiting to for him to get back to me, as I mention this complete uniform came from one Airman.    Now I just need to find a oxygen mask! 

Regards,

Lou

Impressive collection Justin, not something I'm into particularly. But I appreciate your dedication to your collecting niche. Congrats on a full house:smile:. Stewy

• Like 1