ghostman777

What world war 2 main army uniform was best?

Which world war 2 uniform was best?   9 members have voted

1. 1. What world war 2 uniform was best

• German
    • U.S.
    • Soviets
    • U.K.
    • Japan
    • Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

6 posts in this topic

I voted US, for the reason that the uniform was practical and stylish for the time. Then when they realized abroad it didn't stand up, they had the money and manufacturing to change it.The equipment was sturdy and enormously practical. But as a collector today I find it really boring compared to other Countries uniforms.

Moved it to the Collector's Inn, maybe it is better there to have a general discussion then just the British & Commonwealth Uniform section.

Well, whenever I see pictures of Finish troops I have the impression their uniforms were exactly what they needed for their type of warfare.

I go for German, and the effort made in the style, cut, and also the different camo schemes they had, yep a lot of work went into developing the German uniform, as they had great designers like Boss (future big name Hugo Boss in the 1990's) plus their equipment was way ahead of the rest, just great workmanship.

Lou

It was for sure not British .I joined in 1986 and they were still wearing WOOL shirts.Now you may say ,oh nice and warm.These were so rough that you had to shave the inside of them.when yo went running you had to tape your nipples up so they would not bleed.

So British (NO) not for me but the cut of a Third reich uniform is something else. Best regards Pete