Polux

Group Polizei with Bandenkampfabzeichen

36 posts in this topic

Hello,

Walle : thank you but I plan to keep this group for the moment :wink: It is necessary to say that I am also jealous of documents of your collection, as a group Metz :wink: 

Cordial greetings.

Polux

1 person likes this

One of the best Polizei groupings I have seen today and well presented too. I used to own a FG Bandenkampfabzeichen soldbuch. I cannot add anything further, I hope to see more from your impressive collection soon. Thanks for sharing.

Hello Pollux !

Great group, as others have said ! Not my center of interest but very interesting to discover.

Congratulations. :thumbsup:

On 4/24/2017 at 9:01 PM, Kevin H said:

It depends on what the Allies knew about these units and men at the time. After all, if they were aware of the atrocities these Pol.Scht.Rgt's committed would they employ them in the West as policemen instead of arresting them?

I am fairly sure we used some of the former Iraqies that had been up to no good directly after the war fighting phase in 2003.  We recruited anyone that was willing to work with us and not against us.  We had at that time absoloutely no int available on the people and kept them all under close observation when they conducted their duties. This way we were able to weed out a few that were up to no good and they were introduced to the PW cage.  Not the same thing but similar?

but I have one question for you --  it says "6 Horsa gliders" was found and taken, but does that mean that the British supplied this bunch of "partizans" ?  The Horsa glider is a British plane ?

Yes we did, they were fighting our enemy at the time, quite a lot of stuff was dropped to the partizans.  When I sereved in the Balkans we we still finding mint Thompson machine guns and accessories.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor