Historical War Militaria Forum
Lee Luke

Ghetto Actions Dienstpass - Polizei Schutzen Rgt 34

I got this one a while back and decided to share a bit.   Fischlein was a member of Polizei Schutzen Rgt 34 and saw his first action in the Bialystok area in May 1943 and was later directly involved in the clearing of the ghetto there in August 1943. The Jewish prisoners fought back for five days but were crushed.  Almost everyone in the ghetto was transported to Treblinka with some going to Majdenak. I just finished two first hand accounts written by two survivors of Treblinka.  They mentioned the trains from the Bialystok Ghetto and the wretched condition of the people, some of them wounded.

Fischlein was later involved in the Warsaw Uprising, being attached to Kampfgruppe von dem Bach.  His fate is unknown.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice example for a dark period of history. I have a Soldbuch to a member of SS-Pol.Rgt 26 who was involved in the clearing of the Bialystok Ghetto - he was awarded 5 days towards the APB for it. Here is a write up I did on it on the WAF a few years ago... Bialystok Ghetto Clearance Soldbuch

I collect Warsaw Uprising 1944 docs and etc.  This is a great set.  If you ever sell, I'd love to add him to the collection.  

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.