Historical War Militaria Forum

I was very sad to receive word about Eric-Jan passing. I never met him in person but he was very kind to me on the forums. Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP Eric-Jan. A good friend, and a man with the courage to stand up for what he believed! Thank you for all the help and good talks by email.

You will be remembered, my friend. Bon voyage on life's last journey.

5 minutes ago, Robert S. said:

RIP Eric-Jan. A good friend, and a man with the courage to stand up for what he believed! Thank you for all the help and good talks by email.

You will be remembered, my friend. Bon voyage on life's last journey.

+1

I am so saddened to hear of the passing of E-J, he was a good man and we used to exchange emails, he will be missed.

Respect, RIP.

All: 

Very sad news of Eric-Jan Bakker's passing, may we always remember his many contributions to the Forum. We shared many conversation over the years regarding all things militaria, especially U-Boats. I am fortunate to have acquired a few of Eric's pieces that reside in my collection; he will be missed.

Respectfully,

John R.

:crying: A terrible lost! Despite the fact that I was aware of EJ longtime illness, It came as a shock... he was a wonderful, kind, humble and very generous person. Always willing to help others in this hobby and, more important, always standing up for just causes! He was a very good friend that I never had the chance to meet face to face, but we exchange many many emails over the years. 

He will be missed a lot! His giant heart and soul will be among this place for ever. 

My condolences to the family and friends. 

This is very sad news for me,although I knew it would be coming.

E-J has been a great on-line friend for years,he told me of his his health issues over the last year or so.

This is a sad loss for the collecting community..His knowledge,which he would willingly share with anyone,his enthusiasm for matters Kriegsmarine and beyond will be sorely missed.

You were one of the best E-J and I offer my condolences to your family.

RIP my old friend.

Martin.

Very sorry to hear this, I knew he was ill and he got the bad news around Christmas eve before last. 

I hope his kids are ok as I know he worried about his daughter, I am sure the remaining family will pull together and the brothers will look after her.

Very sad indeed, we still can't defeat cancer but we invent new ways to kill each other all the time.

I will never forget Eric-Jan, he was by far the best friend I had in the collecting community, we had our depths of knowledge in paperwork and would regularly chat over something obscure, try to identify signatures, talk about the latest piece of crap that someone was selling as original lol.

He will be remembered, as a kind, warm hearted dear friend and I will miss our chats....well I already do. We last spoke on the phone in September, he was weak but sounded better after a short while and even laughed.

Here he is with Kapitänleutnant (a.D.) Alfred Eick RKT, as you know EJ was passionate about U-Boats!

R.I.P Eric-Jan and thanks for being my friend.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

So sad to hear. Eric Jan was my friend for years. He was always helpfull to anybody and did extensive research for those who wanted mor information on a Wehrpasses/SB, battles or any soldiers/persons. Eric had so much knowledge about Luftwaffe, Kriegsmarine and the battle in Luxembourg with Volksgrenadiers. I made visits with him to some KC holders Eick and Heder. I will never forget those nice moments and memories. His humor and great knowledge will be missed.

Het lost his own battle against cancer. Too young he passed away but he will always be in our memory.

I will miss him a lot. I feel so sad with his family especially his mother, two sons and daughter.

Eric Jan; rest in peace my dear friend. Untill we meet up there.

Martin

1 hour ago, Ian Jewison said:

I will never forget Eric-Jan, he was by far the best friend I had in the collecting community, we had our depths of knowledge in paperwork and would regularly chat over something obscure, try to identify signatures, talk about the latest piece of crap that someone was selling as original lol.

He will be remembered, as a kind, warm hearted dear friend and I will miss our chats....well I already do. We last spoke on the phone in September, he was weak but sounded better after a short while and even laughed.

Here he is with Kapitänleutnant (a.D.) Alfred Eick RKT, as you know EJ was passionate about U-Boats!

R.I.P Eric-Jan and thanks for being my friend.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Ian, I took this picture from Eric during our visit and stay with Eick.

Eick was really impressed about the detailed knowledge of Eric about his boat U510 and his crew. Eric had taken with him  a picture album from one of his crew members. He showed them to Eick. It was unforgettable.

Eric was an encyclopedie: he almost knew everything. Mention a specif U boat and he knew it and could tell you everything about it. Incredible...........

We will miss you Eric. You were such a great person!

ikke

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.