Historical War Militaria Forum

I found a person that is selling a set of SS collar tabs but I'm not sure what they're worth. He's asking for $350

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I don't know enough about them to say if they are correct.

My only observation is the centre pip is not of the same manufacture as the other two since it has sharp prongs, could have been replaced or a mixed batch of pips during manufacture or could be post war knocked up?

If they are correct it would seem a fair price IMO others will say they are too cheap but I think the prices are unrealistic these days.

Best

Rich

Hi I am not a expert in these SS tabs, but what I can tell you, as I had to look into these metal pips, as I had to find one for my SS tab, and that is that the size of of the pip for collar tabs is the small on the centre on on your tab, the other two larger pips are for shoulder boards, so to me it looks like someone has replaced the two outer pips post War.     Again I am not sure if the tabs are good, I hoping someone on the forum can give you more advice on the originality of this set.

Lou

• Like 1

The seller replied and said that he doesn't know anything about the pins. He himself hasn't done anything to them and the only reason he has them is because he got them from his father's militaria collection after his passing.

But I think I might pass on this for now and rather see if I can get something else for the time being. Thanks for all the input

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.