Historical War Militaria Forum

Hi all

I am sorry if I have posted these items in the wrong sections , I am new to the forum and am just getting used to it.

I have recently acquired a collection of German ww2 memorabilia and am looking to post a few items on here which I am struggling to understand, I thank you in advance for your help.

The first piece I want to show is this SS ''Application form''? I would appreciate any help with it.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Proforma to record the swearing of the oath of alleigance to Adolf.  Generic form, can't say I have ever seen one and I am not sure of its originality from those pictures.  Normally if it is a fake form they tend to have spelling errors but I can't even spell in English...

Rich

1 hour ago, Kentucky6 said:

Let us know what it says when you find out..Thanks

It is  the oath of alligance  to AH, ' I swear to you Adolf Hitler as Chancelor of the German Riech, etc etc so help me God.  The small text is Name Rank, appointment etc. Like I said a generic form.

Rich

• Like 1

I Haven't seen a document like this before. The Company: W.F. Mayr  in Wiesbach Germany did produce these kinds of documents.  I wasn't able to find a true reference.  It was listed in several war crime trials to prove association and membership in the SS.  This document seems rather large.  I had assumed that this document would be smaller or put directly into a soldiers Soldbuch.   Both K98 and the 15657 didn't turn up anything.  My hunch is that K98 might be the forum number and the serial number 15657 would be the sheet to log into a journal to show who/which soldier was associated with that particular oath ceremony.  (Germans love nothing more than to document the heck out of things and then reference)  :)

This is a loyalty oath as stated by others.  Please share the dimensions of the paper.  Perhaps it is just the way you have photographed it but it does appear quite large. 

This is simply my observations.  I only offer my opinion.  Right now, I say I am intrigued and look forward to you producing the measurements of this please.

One thing that I am curious about is there is no depot stamp location or witness or officiating officer who was present at the time of this oath.  Kind of like a witness.  This I find a bit strange?  It is only my assumption however.

Best Regards,

JustinG

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.