Argunners Magazine

Guys,

Found these bits at work today, the data for the location came from a new contact on 12 OCH, sadly the crew died at the time, it was a three man night fighter crew.

Rich

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I will post what I have this evening after work

I posted it on 12och but no interest there. I was hoping to find where the crew was buried. All 3 died. 

Rich 

D5+ belongs to NJG-3 by the looks of it. Unfortunately the old version of Nachjagd War Diaries doesn't really give many details for German losses. It does state that on the night of 28/29 January 1944 a Bf110 was shot down near Berlin by Mosquitos and for the night of 27/28 January it just states that 9 night fighters were brought down and only giving details for a couple. But based on the time it would be the first one mentioned.

Hard to say. On the night of 28/29 The night fighter airfields in the Netherlands were also successfully targeted by Mosquito intruders.

The new version of the Nachjagd War Diaries might cover it as they will have more detail but they are being released in instalments so it might take some time to find out.

Unfortunately nothing. Back-seater flyers are not nearly as known as the pilots so the amount of information on them tends to be far less. There is a book that I believe lists all night fighter crew losses but I don't own it.

Here is a list of NJG losses although I dare say it's not complete. There's nothing listed for 28th January 1944.

http://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/luftlossreg-njg-nordic.html

On 3/14/2018 at 3:00 PM, Kevin H said:

Unfortunately nothing. Back-seater flyers are not nearly as known as the pilots so the amount of information on them tends to be far less. There is a book that I believe lists all night fighter crew losses but I don't own it.

Here is a list of NJG losses although I dare say it's not complete. There's nothing listed for 28th January 1944.

http://www.asisbiz.com/Luftwaffe/luftlossreg-njg-nordic.html

Kev,

I've just took myself off 12OCH, I can't be arsed with people talking down to me when I am trying to post them some stuff that they clearly enjoy.  I am going to keep myself here as I don't have that much time or internet conection when I do.  If you turf anything up let me know but otherwise I will do my best through local archives.

Best

Rich

• Like 1

More bits today, still just lying about. The site covers a much bigger area than I thought. There is still evedence of the violence when it struck in terms of old trees that have been knocked flat and the stumps are still visible. The plane must have been shredded.

• Like 1

better pics any ideas? I would have thought wing part and a bit of skin?

Interesting to see that the parts are still just laying there. There must be so many similar sites across the whole of Europe with the relics on the surface or just below it.

More bits the other day and some more bits today. Some plexyglass so the lads must have been somewhere nearby! The whole site is about 100 x 300meters. Will post up the bits when I get time.

Few more bits before leave. What could the layered glass piece be? I am sure it is from the plane as this area is virgin forest?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.