Historical War Militaria Forum
L 76

Little Normandie group Sb. + docs, recently reunited

Hello all

Time goes by and there is not much again on this forum !

Here is a little documents group I was able, by chance, to bring together. I owned the Soldbuch since many years, very simple and not very filled, of a joung soldier of 326.ID who was wounded in Normandie, probably during last days of july or first days of august 44. As usual, date of entry in hospital gave only a rough idea of the date of wound.

But last year, I discovered some others documents with a medal on a german dealer website. These give now another dimension ! Of particular interest are the little wounded paper card, the 10. Pz SS Div. medical document, and the unusual award document for wound.

His unit, Gren. Regt. 751, was badly scattered western of Caen from the 30 july after the begining of the british offensiv named "Bluecoat". The 326.ID was near completly destroyed there, and only the intervention of 21. Pz Div. and later 9. and 10. SS Div. Kpfgr. can avoid the complete drilling of the german front.

This soldier was one of the thousand casualties . His injury was so seroius that he never came back to a unit, staying in hospital until june 45. But he received only the black badge, who is not entered in his Soldbuch.

The two last papers concern the time of garrison in the north of France.

Comments are welcome, of course.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

It is always interesting to see such examples brought back together again after time apart. It just makes you wonder what else is out there from when the group was split up.

Lucky to have found those other pieces.  I also wonder how much stuff is out there that has been split from other soldbücher and wehrpassë.

Yes, I am lucky (at least for this time) !  I never understood why so many documents groups (even great) are splittered ? Only for increasing value ? :confused:

I dare say that some were parted just through circumstances, maybe shared between family members with one member deciding to sell what they have or some lost (house fire maybe) but unfortunately a lot of it does come down to getting more money.

Why are so many of those little groups split I also never understood. Of course sometimes it is money but it seems it is even done if it lowers the value. I wonder if simple stupidity also plays a part in it sometimes :squint: Attached a little group, very much like yours. The guy was with Leichte Flak Abteilung 90 in France when he was wounded by bombing. I only had the soldbuch first but then by coincidence - because of the special name Kamillo - I found more documents and even his wound badge. In the end all in all cost me barely 100 Euro which is more than ok for me but still it leaves the question why was it split?!?

Scannen0002.jpg.b6c2ba3264eb5263cfa9d3b3c3e20cf0.jpg

Scannen0006.jpg.310855c2982c3c59db7142615ca1394d.jpgScannen0004.jpg.ae98b4d902f7bea60d1d18e02714ad4b.jpg

• Like 1

Nice exemple, also ! I like it. And you are right : there is many stupidity in collection. We can see many examples each month. :ohmy:

On 10/3/2018 at 7:16 PM, L 76 said:

Hello all

Time goes by and there is not much again on this forum !

Here is a little documents group I was able, by chance, to bring together. I owned the Soldbuch since many years, very simple and not very filled, of a joung soldier of 326.ID who was wounded in Normandie, probably during last days of july or first days of august 44. As usual, date of entry in hospital gave only a rough idea of the date of wound.

But last year, I discovered some others documents with a medal on a german dealer website. These give now another dimension ! Of particular interest are the little wounded paper card, the 10. Pz SS Div. medical document, and the unusual award document for wound.

His unit, Gren. Regt. 751, was badly scattered western of Caen from the 30 july after the begining of the british offensiv named "Bluecoat". The 326.ID was near completly destroyed there, and only the intervention of 21. Pz Div. and later 9. and 10. SS Div. Kpfgr. can avoid the complete drilling of the german front.

This soldier was one of the thousand casualties . His injury was so seroius that he never came back to a unit, staying in hospital until june 45. But he received only the black badge, who is not entered in his Soldbuch.

The two last papers concern the time of garrison in the north of France.

Comments are welcome, of course.

Here the doctor who looked at him when he was wounded:    Seitschek, Robert Dr.,  Ostuf.   SS-number 367 375          unit:  1./Sani.Abt.10

Fits well with the story that the Inf. div was in the area where also the 10th SS division was.

Really nice grouping.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.