Historical War Militaria Forum

Hello

I'm doing some family research and I've found that 1 of my Great Uncles served in the German Army in WWII, his Volksbund profile states that he was in the Armee. Feldlaz. 3/ 592 HVPI. 

German WWII isn't really in my wheelhouse and I'm unsure as to what exactly everything means and we are searching for his grave, he is apparently buried in Rujiena, Latvia.

if you feel like checking out his Volksbund profile his name is, Rudolf Josef Klapperich, Date of Death/Missing: 09/22/1944

I'm also looking at a Heinrich Klapperich that was killed in Mykoliav, Ukraine in the Soviet POW Camp, we are trying to find his grave if possible.

thank you.

I've requested it, however they don't have the location of his grave and stated that he was buried in that area. 

On 18-3-2018 at 2:03 AM, M1carbine44 said:

Hello

I'm doing some family research and I've found that 1 of my Great Uncles served in the German Army in WWII, his Volksbund profile states that he was in the Armee. Feldlaz. 3/ 592 HVPI. 

German WWII isn't really in my wheelhouse and I'm unsure as to what exactly everything means and we are searching for his grave, he is apparently buried in Rujiena, Latvia.

if you feel like checking out his Volksbund profile his name is, Rudolf Josef Klapperich, Date of Death/Missing: 09/22/1944

I'm also looking at a Heinrich Klapperich that was killed in Mykoliav, Ukraine in the Soviet POW Camp, we are trying to find his grave if possible.

thank you.

99% this is the place he died and not which unit he served.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:02 PM, Bart V. said:

99% this is the place he died and not which unit he served.

Yes that is correct I should probably edit that, my info came from the Volksbund and that’s all I have so far. I’ve been trying to find more. I can’t even find a location of a field hospital or dressing station near Rūjiena. 

On 6/9/2018 at 12:29 AM, Tony said:

Have you tried the Red Cross? https://www.icrc.org/en/document/request-information-about-individuals-detained-during-second-world-war-or-spanish-civil-war-quota

Other than that there's the Wehrmachts-Auskunftstelle that Bart mentions above but they have a very, very long lead time.

I just tried the Red Cross last week so I hope they are able to come through. The WAST has said it’s up to 24 months for any results. I appreciate the help.