Historical War Militaria Forum

Hi Guys,  

Its been a while since I posted anything up:-(.     Been a bit quite in the collecting side of things.

Anyway I have a opportunity to add this nice cap to my collection, also for me the type of material used to make this cap, I've seen mainly use in Officers caps not EM/NCO.    Also anyone read German and can tell me what it says on the name tag.    These are the only images I have, but I know the source I am getting it from, plus I know the eagle is right, and the skull what you can see of it on that angle looks good, the cap its self has even wear, and sweat!  

Thanks for looking,

Lou

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Lou,

The problem is that there are people out there, particularly with cloth that can make things that will fool the so called experts, with these odds and the cost of such an item, is it worth it?

Perhaps a less faked area might be better? I don't know as I am a skip licker and will not pay the outrageous prices.

Maybe I am just a tight Jock.

Best

Rich

Hi Rich,    Yep thats the the mind field these days, and for the  last decade and more, just to many copies out there, and they are getting better and better at it, for me as I have been collecting for a while, I left my guard down, as this cap was introduced to me by a long time collector that know his stuff, so I was backing his judgement on it, plus the price was not ridiculous, as most SS stuff on the market is just outrages:-(.       I was lucky that I dicied to have a good look at the insignias, and that is when the alarm bells started!  

Oh well another learning lesson, 

Lou

Well I am glad you were not stung on your return to the hobby, save the money for something beyond debate, quite a challenge these days! Good luck and happy hunting!

Rich

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.