Historical War Militaria Forum
Richard Auld

Brexit Impact, if any?

Guys,

I thought this was interesting on WARF, I must say Goldmember is an excellent film!

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/wrf-gold-members/staying-e-u-customs-union-697500/

I was a staunch remainer as I have a lot tied up here in Germany but the more I look at how the EU are trying to bully the UK the more I have shifted the other way.  In fact the Germans as the main economic power in EU are filling their pants at the prospect of hard Brexit knowing full well that if another paying member of the EU leaves then the house of cards will fold.

Most people are agianst Trump but right now his potential squeeze on the german economy in car sales and raw material could not have come at a better time for the UK, that does not even cover the 'toxic debt' from Deutsch Bank that has gone quiet.

There is also the leverage of NATO as right now the EU can not defend itself, the Bundeswehr is a shambles, the other EU armies too small to count and even the entire British Army could be seated in Wembely Stadium with a lot of spare seats? He has threatened to leave before can you imagine if the US did leave?

If it came to a European war and struggle I am not sure which side of the call many would answer since we have imported so many of our formar enemies, I say formar?

An uncertain/interesting future for sure!

Best

Rich

Everybody has their opinions and that is why I am so happy to live in a democracy. 

I have been enjoying looking at programs on youtube and getting some insight on what is happening elsewhere in the world. 

This program is DW https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCW39zufHfsuGgpLviKh297Q/about 

They have some great insight to current affairs happening on the continent.   As an American, we have so much political news happening now, every day a new terribly slanted right sided or left sided stewed piece of news, it is a bit overwhelming.  I like listening to the BBC and hearing what the world thinks on American politics.  Would be a chance for you to listen to National Public Radio. 

This is public radio reporting here in the states.  In fact, it is called National Public Radio. They cover many interesting segments on America and the world as told through the American point of view.   I feel that this is one of the few media outlets that manages to not put broadcaster owners views/slants on the media.  https://www.npr.org/

RT  https://www.rt.com/ is a great channel to see how Moscow and Russia is viewing the political climate abroad and also at "home". 

I suggest you check it out.  Might be a bit eye opening on how say America or Canada views the Brexit stance.  

Best Regards

JustinG

Justin,

I am back at work tomorrow so I will check out the links on night shift, if I can get some internet connection. The Germans are not too keen on your president at the moment but they themselves are not sharp enough to question the constant press campiagn against him. It is surprising that Hilary and him were the best two people a land so great could provide its electorate to choose from. That aside, he has an Army of advisors that are forming policy and the current anti German/EU economic clash is clearly not his brain child. It is obvious that the US are reelling in a strong German economy (tax on steel,  aluminium, etc Gas emmisions scandal etc) to keep them in place. Shotgun Ushi has just stated that the EU has a vialble replacement for NATO (last week) and since I work in quite close proximity to the Bundeswehr, I can assure you it is complete bollocks. If the EU left NATO then I think we would quite quickly be in a world of hurt if some beligerant state decided to take the piss. In this case UK should withdraw to our island (we more or less have) and see what happens. All in all I don't think the small people will notice much of a change in day to day affairs. Brexit will hurt rich people and they are the most vocal against it. Japan has threatened to move car production to mainland EU, so what? Perhaps we can start to build British cars again? Japan has no resourses that is why they lost their last war and China has not forgoten them. With China's expansion to the South China See's , who knows what might kick off there? I seem to be rammbling on, the point is I have never seen the world so unstable and that is without mentioning the prophet mohamed! I hope this pov is not deemed politics as I view it as 'current affairs'! We live in interesting times and it seems we learn nothing at all from our history.

Best

Rich

Well. 

What a week in EU politics, 'Shotgun Ushey' as she is known over here is now set to take on running the EU after she has destroyed the Bundeswehr? I don't think she is home and dry yet as there may be some legal procedings following her after the Gorch Fock disaster. 

We still have a tank regiment here on high readiness with only a companies worth of tanks, laughable!

All my German pals are very upset with her replacement already, I will have to do some homework on her but it does not sound good.

The German press has warned that 500,000 German jobs are at risk with a no deal Brexit, that is something Mr Junker never told the locals over here and they are quite worried about it. The car industry is Germanies strongest card and if that is damaged then they will not be able to pay for Merkels promise that we will 'work though it' because you need jobs in the first place.

A Germany in recession would be the end of the EU and in its current form I don't think that would be a bad thing. The United States of Eurabia will only spell disaster for our kids and grand kids. 

I honsetly don't know how this is happening in Europe. Our grandparents gave so much for this shti!

Rich

Well said Rich,I have tried to follow this over here on this side of the pond,because it will affect the world.I am reminded of something Will Rogers said....."Common sense is not an issue in politics,it's an affliction. Neither is honesty,honesty is not an issue in politics,it's a miracle."