Historical War Militaria Forum

Hello everyone, wishing to get help with his name and explanation of what the feldpost number means and in German the two lower lines.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Wasa,

You can check here for your Feld post Nr.

https://www.stampsx.com/ratgeber/stempel-datenbank.php

It is hard to make out but  second to last looks like he was taken on by 2 company, paratroop airforce communications department 1 and then later by the first company.  Kev knows more about the abreviations but I think Ln Lufnachrichten, IE comms bods?

Edit, I searched the FP number as 27253, I can't make out the letter that preceded the number but that normally relates to a smaller section.

It came back as 

Verwender: Postamt | Verwendung als: Aufgabestempel, Tagesstempel 1.9.1939-1.1.1940 6. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 167. 2.1.1940-27.4.1940 nicht verwendet, wurde Fp.Nr. 08179 C. 28.4.1940-14.9.1940 Geräte-Kolonne d. Luftnachrichten-Abteilung Flieger-Division 7. 25.9.1940-15.2.1941 Geräte-Kolonne Luftnachrichten-Abteilung 41 10.2.1943-23.8.1943 Geräte-Kolonne Luftwaffen-Korps-Nachrichten-Abteilung 1, 26.5.1944 nicht verwendet. 
Typ: K1 (Einkreis Rundstempel) / Form: Kreisstempel
Schriftart: nicht angegeben
Verwendungszeit: 1.9.1939 bis 21.5.1945

When you look at the date it seems pluasable, so he was a comms bod that dealt with hardware.

Rich

His name looks like to be Johann Demers. The last units seem to be 2. and 1. Kompanie/ Fallschirm-Nachrichten-Abteilung 1 (Airborne Signals Detachment 1) which was formed by formed in May 1943 by renaming Fallschirm-Nachrichten-Abteilung 7 (7. Flieger-Division). Can you make bigger scans to read the small words?

1 hour ago, Richard Auld said:

Wasa,

You can check here for your Feld post Nr.

https://www.stampsx.com/ratgeber/stempel-datenbank.php

It is hard to make out but  second to last looks like he was taken on by 2 company, paratroop airforce communications department 1 and then later by the first company.  Kev knows more about the abreviations but I think Ln Lufnachrichten, IE comms bods?

Edit, I searched the FP number as 27253, I can't make out the letter that preceded the number but that normally relates to a smaller section.

It came back as 

Verwender: Postamt | Verwendung als: Aufgabestempel, Tagesstempel 1.9.1939-1.1.1940 6. Kompanie Infanterie-Regiment 167. 2.1.1940-27.4.1940 nicht verwendet, wurde Fp.Nr. 08179 C. 28.4.1940-14.9.1940 Geräte-Kolonne d. Luftnachrichten-Abteilung Flieger-Division 7. 25.9.1940-15.2.1941 Geräte-Kolonne Luftnachrichten-Abteilung 41 10.2.1943-23.8.1943 Geräte-Kolonne Luftwaffen-Korps-Nachrichten-Abteilung 1, 26.5.1944 nicht verwendet. 
Typ: K1 (Einkreis Rundstempel) / Form: Kreisstempel
Schriftart: nicht angegeben
Verwendungszeit: 1.9.1939 bis 21.5.1945

When you look at the date it seems pluasable, so he was a comms bod that dealt with hardware.

Rich

Thanks Rich can you tell me about the number before 27253, I have never seen this before.

44 minutes ago, Bart V. said:

His name looks like to be Johann Demers. The last units seem to be 2. and 1. Kompanie/ Fallschirm-Nachrichten-Abteilung 1 (Airborne Signals Detachment 1) which was formed by formed in May 1943 by renaming Fallschirm-Nachrichten-Abteilung 7 (7. Flieger-Division). Can you make bigger scans to read the small words?

I hope its ok Bart, I post the other scanns later

27 minutes ago, wasa said:

Thanks Rich can you tell me about the number before 27253, I have never seen this before.

It is normally a letter in this case it could be a 'B' , this could be used to indicate a smaller sub section of a unit and is IMO more often seen in Luftwaffe units, probably because they had more smaller unique or independant units doing random Luftwaffe stuff?

Rich

The small writing is "Umbennung" meaning the renaming of "Luftnachrichten-Betriebs-Kompanie 7" to Fallschirm-Nachrichten-Abteilung 1. Willing to share more of the Soldbuch?

Thank you for the answers. Can you imagine that he served as a driver or in a transport service?
Sincerely

Did the image size fail, how do I send to the last image without starting a new thread?

Hope this is successful this time and that the image is readable. Apparently, the man has been in the raids in Rapido river, but what's the text in front of Cassino?

§ Abwehrschlacht am Sangro
§ Abwehrschlacht am Garigliano und Rapido
§ Abwehrschlacht bei Cassino. 

He was a driver the Transmission-Abteilung of the 1.FJ-Division. He never fought directly in the Battle of Monte Cassino, however it's a very niche Wehrpass!

Greetings from Italy

Pietro 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.