Historical War Militaria Forum

Cześć chłopaki

Jest  to pierwsza forma zrębów dębowych, nie druga, chociaż dębowe bloki oznaczone są "900 21". Niezwykłe, ale rzadkie.
Frendly pozdrowienia

Jacek

Please login or register to see this attachment.

I'm sorry, I have not been here for a long time. Once again in a language that is understandable to everyone
This is the first form of oak leaves, not the second, although the oak blocks are marked "900 21". Unusual, but rare.
Frendly greetings
Jack

E Maus,

What exactly did you want me to say ? It is a nice piece. I was complementing your purchase of this item. Maybe, you need to understand that not all of us maybe as well versed in these items such as yourself and don’t have the knowledge others possess. 

Forgive me, I did not mean to offend you, but "Very cool ..." brings nothing constructive in addition to the nice words, and this is a really interesting transitional version

KR

Jacek

Jack,

I am always wary of anything that does not conform to what it should be.

Transitional? what does that mean, who says that is correct and what do they have to gain from that?

Not my area and never will be but when you spend money on stuff like this you have to be absolutely sure that the provenance is correct and buying from a fancy dealer or auction house is no garuntee.

Such a small item, I think these days would be 100% copied 100% accurately.

What is the opinion on WAF?

In short I am not a fan of anything out of the ordinary when it comes to high end items as it usually means some one has copied it not quite right and all or a few or one of the top end dealers have conspired to legitimize and profit from the situation. Fine for a KVM but not for some oakleaves?

Best

Rich

HiRich

Rozumiem twoje wątpliwości, oto opinia Dietricha na ten temat z WAF

KR 

Jacek

Jacek11waahh.jpg.a5cdd92ee52ed4c0dc529e4ac4f246e0.jpg

I'm sorry, the same mistake again. Now in English

Hi Rich
I understand your doubts, this is Dietrich's opinion on this subject from WAF

Jacek

Jack,

That for me is precisely the problem, what he says does not interest me, what is the provenace of the item? He is one of the 'clik' within the hobby that dictates what is right and wrong, based exactly on what documents from the period? How often were these awarded and how many  ' originals' are now owned by people that believe what they read on WAF or any other forum for that matter. I look forward to when a 'hoard' of these are discovered somewhere and then they flood the market?

Sorry I am just a skeptic about all the 'popstar' stuff!

When I dig one up or pull one out of the trash then I might consider it.

Best 

Rich

Rich

With all due respect, but I can not agree with this opinion.
There are fixed hardware that allow for unambiguous attribution of production or even a version of the badges, to a specific manufacturer

greetings

Jacek

Jacek,

That is what the books tell you that are written by people like him. Where is the period documentation to say it is so? 

With regards to the machinery that produced such items, who has it now and how often has it been used since the end of the war?

Again what is the provenace of the item pictured, how has it come to be where it is today?

The good thing about a discussion forum is we can agree to disagree.

Best Regards

Rich

Hello Jacek, unfortunately thisaward is out of my league, so I can't say anything about authenticity. But if you got a thumbs up from Dietrich, thats a good sign indeed.

Hi Hans
Nice to see you. You can believe me,  I would not have the courage "without the blessing" of Dietrich invest in it. It was a gift for my son, at the end of his medical studies

greetings

Jacek

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.