Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Hello and thanks for the add. My 1st shot at a Brodie/MK1 and I am having a tough time trying to ID so I can try to put back together. There was no liner, the rivet appears to have been ground off and I cannot find any marks whatsoever anywhere. There appears to be a thick coat of red primer and green house paint on the whole thing. I stripped the inner to try and find marks. There also seems to be a rim only rolled from the shell on the underside. The swivel tabs seem to have also been broken off and folded flat.  Any help will be gratefully appreciated. Thank you.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

A private purchase home front helmet with a dutch bend rim.  These never seem to have any markings on them as they were not official issues and whoever made them did not put their names on them.

19 hours ago, JustJohn369 said:

Thank you very much Jerry. Is there anything that can be done with it as far as liner or refurb? 

JJ, liners canbe bought but sold loose they can be £25 or more so perhaps not worth doing. Copies can be bought but I have no idea what they cost. Most collectors prefer not to buy repainted helmets.  Me I would leave it as found and add another helmet with paint and liner intact

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this