Historical War Militaria Forum

Hello, please can someone help me, my partner is a millitary collector currently working on a home guard uniform so I need the name of the badges and where to get them, thank you :)

p.s. pretty sure he already has the shoulder ones that say home guard.

On 7/20/2018 at 10:49 AM, Becca said:

Hello, please can someone help me, my partner is a millitary collector currently working on a home guard uniform so I need the name of the badges and where to get them, thank you :)

p.s. pretty sure he already has the shoulder ones that say home guard.

Generally the Home Guard wore the cap badge of their local county infantry Regiment. For a more indepth look at HG insignia I would suggest you try to get hold of a copy of John Mills and Terry Carney's book, 'In the space of a single day'. The insignia and Uniforms of the LDV and Home Guard 1940-1944 and 1952-1956. 

Graham

• Like 1

On 7/21/2018 at 10:16 PM, Graham said:

Generally the Home Guard wore the cap badge of their local county infantry Regiment. For a more indepth look at HG insignia I would suggest you try to get hold of a copy of John Mills and Terry Carney's book, 'In the space of a single day'. The insignia and Uniforms of the LDV and Home Guard 1940-1944 and 1952-1956. 

Graham

It is more to be a gift for him, (as she did send me a PM) so think she also searches for ways to acquire them without her husband's knowledge.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.