Historical War Militaria Forum
Clarebear

Brodie helmet identification - any idea?

Hi, I just found your website in my quest to identify this Brodie helmet which my son was given by his grandparents a few years ago. They got it from a charity shop. I have established it is a home front WW2 MkII 2c type.
I have scoured it for identifying markers - there is a red L and 2 stamps which look like an S in an oval circle and next to that a very faint 94 in a square box.

help is gratefully appreciated. Thank you

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Clydesdale stampings company made the shell, a not very common maker.  the other is probably   a batch number.

the painted red L is either for large, the owners initial or perhaps  a letter code to id it among others, as in helmet A, helmet B helmet L etc...

Thanks very much Jerry B.
Interesting. 
Do you have any idea what this helmet would fetch if we sold it and where the best place is to sell it... ebay? 
Thanks

7 minutes ago, Clarebear said:

Thanks very much Jerry B.
Interesting. 
Do you have any idea what this helmet would fetch if we sold it and where the best place is to sell it... ebay? 
Thanks

Always difficult to comment on values.  And yes, probably ebay is best, though sometimes items sell low there.....or sell for mental high prices.

Thanks for your speedy reply. I have just googled a bit more and looked closer at the markings (& wiped with a wet cloth for clarity) - actually the S is in fact an S inside a C not a circle, ie CS, ie Clydesdale Stampings as you said.
And the 94 in a box is actually not a box but 1941. I feel daft/blind for not noticing this before! It's fascinating piecing this bit of history together. I will put it on ebay. A similar one sold at the end of November for £57.

Thanks again Jerry B.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.