Historical War Militaria Forum
Richard Auld

SB and Driving licence Railway gun and Nebelwerfer.

Guys,

New one today! Needs a bit of research but prelim searches add up! Not tampered with I think.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

More

• Like 1

Very nice example. Not sure if the railway artillery units would still of had their big gusns by the time he joined them as he was still with Werfer-Rgt 83 until at least January 1945, but interesting none the less. Here is 'Bruno' of Batterie (E) 692 after being captured:

https://www.worldwarphotos.info/gallery/germany/railway_gun/la-coucourde-france-27-cm-schneider-bruno-1944/

Kev,

looking at page 15 he was with the heavy lot first then to the moaning minnies?

One of the feldpost numbers puts him with 'Siegfried' within its time frame, might be the one of two in his FS.

Might also explain the lack of ISA, ASA PKA? 

I like the EK from 1 SS Pz Korp. No doubt when opcon 12 SS?

Best though I like the little dit with the denazification detail, thats a first for me but interesting that there was a general order that the allies insisted on?

Happy New Year!

Rich

Aye, I have just seen the dates on page 15 for the big gun units which begs the question if he was (and he certainly was) with the Eisenbahn Artillerie units in 1943 why are they listed on page 17 when Werfer-Rgt 83 is listed before them on page 4 and yet the dates for Werfer-Rgt 83 on page 3 and 15 shows that he went to it afterwards?

The signature you can see throughout the Soldbuch, including for the award entries is that of Josef Gangl who won the DKiG in March 1945.

And the signature at the top of page 15 is that of Hauptmann Römer who as a Major commanded Eisenbahn-Artillerie-Abt 640 (I have never been able to find out his forename.)

1 hour ago, Kevin H said:

Aye, I have just seen the dates on page 15 for the big gun units which begs the question if he was (and he certainly was) with the Eisenbahn Artillerie units in 1943 why are they listed on page 17 when Werfer-Rgt 83 is listed before them on page 4 and yet the dates for Werfer-Rgt 83 on page 3 and 15 shows that he went to it afterwards?

The signature you can see throughout the Soldbuch, including for the award entries is that of Josef Gangl who won the DKiG in March 1945.

And the signature at the top of page 15 is that of Hauptmann Römer who as a Major commanded Eisenbahn-Artillerie-Abt 640 (I have never been able to find out his forename.)

Kev page 17? more entries? with the big guns and then more launcher stuff.

I am fairly confident it is untouched, what do you think?

On the back of the DL it gives FP Nr. 13268 so apparently in March 1944 he was already with Werfer Regiment 83.
This looks like a totally interesting and fine soldbuch to me.

I also have a soldbuch to a gunner in a Beobachtungsabteilung who received an EK2 in September 1944 and it also
mentions SS Pz. Korps. No idea why but perhaps they were awarding EK2 for soldiers of support units who fought with them.

1 hour ago, Michael1000 said:

On the back of the DL it gives FP Nr. 13268 so apparently in March 1944 he was already with Werfer Regiment 83.
This looks like a totally interesting and fine soldbuch to me.

I also have a soldbuch to a gunner in a Beobachtungsabteilung who received an EK2 in September 1944 and it also
mentions SS Pz. Korps. No idea why but perhaps they were awarding EK2 for soldiers of support units who fought with them.

Probably and I don't know for sure, due to the fact the units were supporting 12 SS and were not normally a part of the orbat, therefore possibly authority for awards lay with the Korp after recomendation from Div? Don't know but it looks ok.

The Soldbuch is fine, Gangl's signature is in the SB on numerous pages so it isn't half of one SB and half of another. Just curious as to why a unit he joined in 1944 is listed on page 4 but one that he served in before that is listed later in the book on page 17 when it should be the other way round.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.