Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  
J`ame

Went digging at an antique shop.

This is one of those if you don't dig,look under and scrounge you won't find it things.While its nothing special for most collectors,I was smitten with it when I found it today.And I must confess this is one of the best Son in Service placards I have ever seen,definitely not a standard run of the mill examples and in its original mailer .

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Fine pick up.  Thanks for sharing.  So was this at an estate sale, pawn shop, or antique market?  Tell us where you were scrounging please.

Best Regards,
JustinG

Justin, as stated on the header it was an antique shop.I live in a small town and I would love to have all the above you stated here without traveling 2 + hours to get to one.

Yeah, I must have missed that header.  Are you in South Eastern Pennsylvania or Maryland yourself?  Just curious if this made it to a relative perhaps far away before heading to the antique shop where you acquired it.

Best Regards,

JustinG

Unfortunately the trail to the family is cold....I live in Arizona in the winter and that is where I found it.Given the pristine shape it is in I have doubts that it was ever displayed.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this