Historical War Militaria Forum

Nice collection of magazines.  Look to be in great condition for being >70 years old.   Thanks for sharing. 

Best Regards,

JustinG

Great cover photos and if the supplement is only for Celle they must be quite rare. Mind you, any magazine, newspaper or newspaper supplement from back in the 40s would be thin on the ground now. Another nice, historical find!

Zee Germans have an illness for paperwork, they don't like to throw it away. It gets stacked in the attic in a corner so you find this sort of thing quite often. The paper on a few of them is very fragile it is litterally disintigrating so There is a bigish pile to sort through and try and commit to digital storage. The other covers are of civilian type themes. I think the pictures would have been made available through the Propaganda chain of command and as such are probably not rare, just topical for that week. perhaps the Paper selected some images not used by the national papers? Who knows?

Rich

I applaud your efforts to get them scanned and have a digital record of these.  Paper, photos, items like this will only fade, and or break down until no longer readable or handled even.   Really wish there was a better archive that members who have various items of interest but are rare, could upload and have credit for archiving that but be for the community and history as a whole.  I have reached out to the Bundesarchiv but had not had any response.  I have some personal items and really stellar photos that I feel might be a one of a kind piece with some historical significance, but they haven't gotten back to me.  

Best Regards,

JustinG

• Like 1

An impressive set of artwork - thank you for sharing. I think it's always assumed that "someone MUST have a digital image.......somewhere" and for such throw-away items they were soooooo numerous that "there'll always be a copy somewhere"..........personally, I'm not convinced...especially when one see's museums offloading period paperwork like they do.....

An admirable cause.....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.