Historical War Militaria Forum

I collect mainly WWII German Militaria. Badges, awards, blades, photos, etc.. A few WWI German items have found their way into my collection as well. Just received this photo, it is my first WWI German photo. I did some internet researching on WWI German uniforms and guessed they are Bavarians, then a WWI German collector took a look and agreed with me.

Nothing going on in this photo, just a group pic. I do think that the soldat in the front row,  first on the right end has a look about him and seems rather uninterested in the whole affair.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing.  The soldier on the far right, front, I agree, seems to be uninterested in the whole affair.

Best Regards,

JustinG

My scanner quit working

Please login or register to see this attachment.

but here is a photo I took with a camera. I am a retired surveillance supervisor and had/have a facial recognition thing built in. It could just be me but, one of the soldats in this photo looks familiar. I posted this on a couple of other forums and I just do not think any one really looks at it all that close. The location and I believe the date are right if it is who I think it is. This photo came out of an old private collection in Germany, was sold only as a WWI photo , nothing special. There were numerous other photos in the collection but, this one is the only one to catch my eye. 

I posted this at another forum and got a translation, plus a search on the names.  It is to Jakob Renoth of Bischofwiesen  . Says," Best Greetings, Thanks for the letter, hope to see you soon"...  and signed, Josef.  A Joseph Renoth of Bischofswiesen was found on the casualty list. I was told cases of misspelled names are not unusual. Joesph (Josef) Renoth was a soldier in the Bavarian Reserve Infanterie Regiment 18. Was listed as slightly wounded August/September 1916 but died October 2, 1916. Jakob Renoth from Bischofswiesen  was slightly wounded in October 1918.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.