Historical War Militaria Forum
Richard Auld

War time era town name plate

Guys,

out of an old barn that has been cleared. It was totaly black but I am stripping it back to its original enamel finish, I hope!

Rich

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Nice..Are you using acetone or what kind of cleaning agent? 

Best Regards,

JustinG

I just used a bit of comecial paint stripper , pertol and water.

I did have  a bit of a flap as I noticed bits of the letters disappear but it seems it had been repiared by touching them up with paint, should be visible that the H is taller at the first picture.

Bit of fun and it was for free!

I envy you and your proximity to come across some very unusual items.  Don't see too many German pieces here in Alaska.  🙂

Best Regards,

JustinG

My focus is on Imperial and Kriegsmarine Mützenband, I also collect period schiffswappen and ship/station pillowcases.

I appreciate the offer.  

Things that you have shared: document groups, tank/halftrack wheels, this sign,... these are all interesting items.  Something you came across and was able to obtain locally.   That was what I was meaning about.  I don't think anyone could have known ahead of time that a sign like this might be available or on a collectors radar.  So, it makes it almost impossible to know what might be a new item of interest, to add to their collection.  You probably could come across ammunition boxes, foot lockers, buttons, lanterns, pins, documents, maps, rail timetables, posters, proclamations, the list is almost endless.  You have the ability to come across this locally and appreciate the item for what it is, and possibly obtain it into your collection. 

I enjoy seeing your finds and look forward to seeing what other items you discover.  

Best Regards,

JustinG

Not been too active at the moment with corona. Hope to get back on the horse soon.

Yes I am lucky geographicaly and for that I am grateful!

Here is the maker mark, just spotted it!

Rich

Please login or register to see this attachment.