Historical War Militaria Forum

Guys,

not sure about this one , it burns ok even though at first touch I thought it was nylon. It has been cut short.

Rich

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The reverse side is always the best to show and rule if a period piece.  Look forward to the pictures.

something like this.

Best regards,

JustinG

Unfortunately, at this point, I am going to say not a period piece. At least not Kriegsmarine.  Notice the zig zag (sawtooth) appearance on the reverse.  This is from the Jacquard loom which was how these were constructed.  Many forgeries just have the single stitch and not this sort of saw tooth pattern. 

This photo from another thread shows the various constructed material and their appearance. The reverse is the key.  Take a close look at the reverse. If it is just a single even line, then that is not a good sign of being a (WW2) tally.  

Best regards,

JustinG

Cool, it was cheap and cheerful so no great loss, I did wonder if it could be Bund or GDR?

Not really my thing but thanks for the info about the stitching, I have saved that to my hard drive but at the same time forgotten some more childhood memories!

Best

Rich

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.