Historical War Militaria Forum

Guys,

As stated above, like Thoma's signature as 20 Pz Div Commander.

Like he got the Bronze Pz too!

Best

Rich

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

more

Nice set. The signature on the PAB Bronze award is Otto Hock who was awarded the DKiS on 5th November 1944. Obviously the one on the KvK is that of Horst Stumpff.

He also compromised the V-weapon program which I wasn't aware of leading to the ID and subsequent bombing of Pienenunde!

I like how this hobby makes you learn things almost as a distraction really.

As an aside Kev, I am looking for a book about the T-Force, I still haven't got around to it but it is around a fiver if you see it your side could you pick it up for me and send it 'sausage side', only if you see it mind. I have found something interesting here and it ties into the book I can elaborate later. It mentions Fallingbostel and surrounding areas.

Best

Rich

Do you mean 'T-Force:  The Forgotten Heroes of 1945' by Sean Longden? It is available on Amazon for less than £4 and on Kindle for £3.99.

That is probably the one, I looked on amazon but I don't do that online stuff. It shows only a selection of pages. What it is a friend of Liz's has settled over here too and her Granddad was in T-Force in Fallingbostel, I didn't know what it was at first. Long story short I have found a bunker that does not conform to anything normal and it is very deep, I.E. you could have back then probably stood a Rocket up in it, it has been back filled but not completely and putting 2 and 2 together I think it may be linked to the facts in the book as the PW camp is not far away (mentioned in the book). 

Best

Rich

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.