Historical War Militaria Forum

Any experts on this subject around here? Or on some other forum perhaps? I'm rather tempted by this pair on ebay  https://ebay.us/LpW2D7   but I can't find another picture of this model anywhere. The maker, FIT Grenoble (or FIT of Grenoble?) also made Rangers, so that's a start. The seller says they are private purchase. At least, I think that's what he means by "du Commerce". I've asked him for more info. 

It would also be interesting to know more about FIT, but I can't find a single scrap anywhere. 

Here are 2 pics from the ebay listing. 

wA33YA2.jpg

3ypeDNp.jpg

Hi,

no idea about French stuff but there are experts in that area on GMIC.

A quick search with all the words reveals they were a brand name but here listed in a vintage site? Also with nothing to offer from the brand name?

https://www.vinted.fr/brand/fit-grenoble-grande-course

Probably hard to find! They look military in style and if they are old even more so, bit before '12 high doc's and corduroy'?

Best

Rich

GMIC? I hadn't thought of that. I'll try it - thanks.🙂

FIT Grenoble crops up here and there -  http://www.encherexpert.com/sacs-et-mode/chaussures-homme/163617-chaussures-rangers-militaires-43-fit-grenoble-8.html By coincidence I have a pair of Rangers with FIT Sport on the sole. They're roughout, dated 1961, touted as Foreign Legion by sellers on ebay. But maybe the regular French army also used them...it seems unlikely that the Legion would get special boots. But who knows. It would be nice to know something about FIT. They seem to have disappeared without trace. Perhaps the French are less interested in these nerdy details! There are also some old leather ski boots branded FIT Sport. That's all I know. 

I see you have caused a bit of discussion on GMIC, I would think they are a good purchase as they are both vintage and military. They look pretty cool too and are in good condition 'to boot', so to speak

Best

Rich

I'm tempted...I like the design, which is quite futuristic to my eye. But there's no evidence that they were ever adopted by the Legion. The seller says he got them from his uncle, a former army parachuting instructor. But the uncle never even wore them! Maybe he didn't want to spoil the shiny finish...

• Like 1

I have just posted up on another forum pictures of myself in 1990 in Saudi Arabia and later Kuwait and in those pics are my 'private purchase' boots that were sourced locally at the 'Chogy' market. All we had at the start were boots combat high and later a really shti unforgiving plastic issue boot that could not be more uncomfortable wear!? Feet are important to a soldier and you sometimes spend a little to save them. I could quite imagine them being bought for such a use. So collecting, I always regret not getting something when it was there, you know waht will happen, someone will turn up a photo of them in use and you will think shti! On the other hand they are a vintage boot stylish and not available anymore? No loose?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.