Historical War Militaria Forum
FredyFang

AH Formal Pattern und Informal Pattern

Thanks for your good response, Erich. There is something about the AH tableware that has hooked me ever since I saw my first piece...and I bought that piece! This was probably 15+ years ago and that piece happened to be of the Informal Pattern. I am not ashamed to say that the first piece I purchased was a Dessert Fork and I recall paying $360.00 for it...way back then! The rest is 'history,' I guess! That first piece of the Informal Pattern was so elegant and yet so understated that I had to have more, and more! But my wallet certainly isn't bottomless and I quickly decided to focus upon putting together a complete place-setting in the Informal Pattern. That did and still does present a bit of a mystery -- as does the Formal State Service which you collect, in so far as I have never seen a manifest, an order blank or a catalog for either the Formal or the Informal Flatware as would have been available through the P. Bruckmann & Sons tableware firm, and so we have no firm idea as to what the possible range of pieces in their various sizes and uses was available for either service. But that hasn't stopped me!

Today I have seven pieces in the AH Informal Pattern:

Dinner Knife

Luncheon Knife

Dinner Fork

Salad Fork

Dessert Fork

Serving/Soup Spoon

Teaspoon

As I have mentioned on a number of previous occasions, I have neither the equipment nor the talent to produce photos and post them on the various Forums, for which I continue to apologize.

Trusting to your understanding and with great respect for your commitment to our hobby, I am

Br. James

• Like 1

AH Hello my Friends,

Beautiful pieces, I'm still on the lookout for 2 teaspoons.
I love AH formal flatware, my wife and I use our flatware every Sunday. :-)
I also have a new piece.
A potato spoon.
I have it captured by a Russian in Berlin in 1945, a dream piece.
James, I can only add that I'm stuck on AH formula to.

How Are you all dowing?

MFG

fredy

Please login or register to see this attachment.

James,

Wow a nice collection indeed!

I just pick up a peice here and there and always wanted a serving tray which as you know I just added.

Freddy,

first I have seen a potato fork. Nice!

My latest piece from the Hitler silver service is this drink coaster by Wellner.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, always wanted a drink coaster for my collection which have always been hard to locate. Got it off a dealer who bought it from a US Vet.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.