Erwin L.

Named 53rd Welsh Division Tanker helmet

12 posts in this topic

Hello gents

I just wanted to share my named 53rd Welsh Division Tankerhelmet. I had been looking for a tankerhelmet quit a long time. This one is dated 1943 and size 11. The tankerhelmet is named to RW Edwards, servicenr: 4036444. On the front u can see the red "W" indicating it is from the 53rd Welsh Division. The yellow/green flashes on both sides indicate it was from a recoinnassance unit. The 53rd Welsh Division fought near the village i live, during Market Garden.

I hope you like it as much as i do :thumbup: . You don't see tanker helmets like these often and nice unit painted British helmets are mostly under estimated in my opinion.

Regards

Erwin

Please login or register to see this attachment.

2 people like this

Wow Erwin, that is a stunning helmet and so rare that I don't remember seeing a better example. Also being Welsh it is of particular interest to me as I am Welsh born & bred.

Regards,

Jerry

Hello Jerry

Thanks for your response and i'm glad you like it. You don't seen them often indeed. I know a few examples in collections and one is a really great named KIA example. I didn't hesitate when this one came available.

Regards

Erwin

Erwin,

Nice one for your collection Erwin.

Great to see a helmet with the man's name, his sericenumber and his unit information to it, that is all such a big extra bonus !

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Very Nice! Took me years to find a nice MkI Tanker.

Thanks. I was looking for one quit some time also. Already missed one with Mickey Mouse Camo pattern left behind in the Netherlands. Like i said before, you see more fsj regt 6 camo helmets then a nice Tanker helmet. Love to see yours mk1creme :thumbup:

regards

Erwin

Just a small point, As an ex REME man I never heard tank crews referred to as tankers in the British army , they were always tankies, I believe Tankers is the American term.

1 person likes this

There's a long queue I think Jerry. :cursing:

I know mate and I am not in it but this is such a stunning helmet and for a Welsh collector it is hard to beat. My Dad was 53rd Welsh div per and early in WWII before being transferred out.

It would go so well with my 53rd Div vehicle pennant.

:love:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor