Historical War Militaria Forum
John R.

KM Collection - Display

All:

Pictured from my Kriegsmarine collection are postcards of U-Boat Commanders, all are RK recipients. In the first image is Wilhelm Rollmann (left), Otto Ites (center), and Herbert Schultze (right). In the second image is Reinhard Suhren (top) and Hans Rosing (bottom).

Best regards,

John

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

John,

Thanks  for posting your new  items.  Can  I  ask,  how  difficult is it  to  come  by  these  items  such  as the  radio  tubes? Surely  there  are  few  still  around?

Jim

• Like 1

Jim W.:

Hello my friend! What makes finding radio tubes diffuclt is the demand, which is tipically high for militry ones because HAM radio operators and enthusiast need them for thier WWII military communication equipment. For this reason, I do not find 'Kriegsmarine' marked tubes common in the market place.

Best regards,

John

Hi John,

Thanks  for  the  explanation.

Would  you  mind  sharing  with  us how  you  developed  your interest in  your  vast  collection and  how  you  started?  I  have  said  before on  this  thread  that  your  collection is  actually  a  museum , and one of  the most  comprehensive  focused  collection  I  have ever  seen..The  fact  that  some of  the pieces  you  have  actually  have  survived in tact  is  amazing  to  me. Did  you  start  with  the KM War  badges and  your  collecting  just  developed from  there?

Jim

• Like 1

Jim W.:

Hello my friend! I trust the following words, eventhough brief, will answer your questions about how I started collecting Kriegsmarine militaria. I have been a collector for as long as I can remember. As a kid, my collecting interest started with baseball, football, and basketball trading cards. Unfortunately my card collection was lost in a move. Even back then, I had a love for history. My primary collecting interest today, as it has for many years, is Kriegsmarine militaria. The movie 'Das Boot' spurred my interest in the 'Battle of the Atlantic', from that evolved my Kriegsmarine collection. My first piece was a Hygrometer. In the early years, I collected pieces of little interest to the other collectors: books, manuals, charts, tools, instruments, and dishware. Over the years, adding a piece here and there, my collection has grown into what you see on HWMF today.

Best regards,

John

• Like 1

And  John, what  a  fantastic  collection it  is!!  Thanks  for  sharing  the information  with  me :thumbup:

Jim

• Like 1

All:

Hello! I have been collecting Kriegsmarine antiques for approximately 20 years and I have never sold a piece from my collection, not until the last nine months. I have had the absolute pleasure to sell a document/photograph grouping to Rogge16, 'Übergröße' EKII to Mathijs T., two plaques to JustinG, and a 'round 3' EKII to Jim W. It is an honor to have pieces from my collections in fellow HWMF members' collections. 

Warmest regards,

John

John: Hello, it's been a while. I'm so glad to have that grouping in my collection! I'm actually finally getting ready to have it framed. I'm really happy with the Deutschland tally too!

Thanks!

Luke

• Like 1

Nice catch John.

Many years ago, such film cells were for sale in movie memorabilia shops as singles each and framed......and you have 32 of them.

Still the best UBoot movie ever produced.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

All:

Hello! New addition to my collection, pictured are two images of a 'Kriegdmarime' marked bulb with its ordinal packaging.

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

John,

Just  amazing  these items  have  survived.  This  thread  just  gets  better!!!!

Jim

• Like 1

John,

What a truly fantastic collection you have here. I have really enjoyed viewing this thread.

Best

Pierce

• Like 1

Jim and Pierce:

Hello my friends! Thank you for your the kind comments about my collection, It is all my pleasure.

Best regards,

John 

Great KM tubes. I only have one, but I plan to get more. They can be found on German ebay from time to time.

• Like 1

Amiklic1 and Marcel B.:

Hello! Thank you for the comments about my Kriegsmarine collection, a pleasure to share it with you guys.

Best regards,

John

All:

Hello! The first image is of a radio tube I recently added to my Kriegsmarine collection. With my recent acquisition, I am reposting images of my other Kriegsmarine radio tubes.

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

Bruno:

Hello my friend! Thank you for the comment about the radio tubes in my Kriegsmarine collection.

Best regards,

John