Historical War Militaria Forum
John R.

KM Collection - Display

Bruno:

Hello! Thank you for the comment about my Kriegsmarine collection. For whatever reason, I forgot to show the Forum the calabration document when I orignally posted image of wind gauge.

Best regards,

John

Where  do  you  keep  finding  these  great  pieces  John? Fantastic  item.

i  was  thinking of  you  last  night  when  there  was  a  TV programme  called  Nazi  Megastructures  which  featured  the  U Boat  pens  at  Lorient. I  was  fortunate enough  to  visit  them  myself in  2003. It  seems  that certain  aspects of  KM history  will  always  remain. As  you  keep  uncovering  these  rare  items, I  think  you  can  add  your  collection  to  that aspect of  preserving  history.

Thanks  for  showing  another  great  piece :thumbup:

Jim

• Like 1

John, my friend, as so often shown in your KM Collection thread, it is all about quality.

That Handwindmesser and the box are in great condition, and a nice tag inside the box.

Over all those years the wind gauge design didn't change that much, basically it is still the same today.

Thanks for showing.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

Long time ago when we have seen new material entering your collection but when you acquire material it is always top notch! Thanks for sharing with our Forum. One of the most beautiful KM specialized collections. 

Jim W., Eric JB, Kevin Grootaers, and Bart V.:

Hello my friends! Thank you for the comments, you guys are the reason anyone and everyone should want to be a member of HWMF. I am always looking for new pieces to add to my Kriegsmarine collection and share with the Forum. With that said, I am posting a reprint photograph I recently added to my collection. I cropped out the photographs white boarder.

Best regards,

John

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

All:

Hello! Picture is a print of Peter Cremer (1911-1992) from my Kriegsmarine collection, acquired many years ago. The print is signed in pencil by the artist and him. I could not get 1 of 600, but very happy with 2 of 600.

Peter Cremer served as Commander of U-152, U-333, and U-2519. He is know for successes and exploits commanding U-333.

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

All:

Hello! Pictured from my Kriegsmarine collection is a print acquired years ago that was signed by the artist, Reinhard Hardegen, Rudolf Hoffmann, and Horst von Schroeter. The print commemorates U-123's return from Operation Drumbeat. 

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

John, my friend,

thank you for showing us these two very nice Uboat art prints.

I do like such prints myself very much, I don't have those two myself, but do have a couple of other artist and veteran signed art prints.

After all those years they are still rolled-up and stored in a tube, although they are really worth to be framed and shown.

Time to get the job done, but telling that to myself for years now.....every time when I do see such art prints shown by others.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

ps.

the books "U-Boat Commander" and "Operation Drumbeat" are a great read on Cremer and Hardegen, but I don't think that I am telling you something new now.

• Like 1

Hi John,

Lovely  prints.  i  have  a  similar  one of  Hans Ulrich Rudel signed  by  the  artist and in  a limited  run.  The  artists  skill  never  never ceases  to  amaze  me  when  looking  at  these wonderful items. Thanks  for  showing  them.

Eric JB  "After all those years they are still rolled-up and stored in a tube, although they are really worth to be framed and shown.

Time to get the job done, but telling that to myself for years now.....every time when I do see such art prints shown by others."

If  you  are  anything like  me,  you have  run out  of  wall  space :smile: 

Jim

• Like 1

Eric JB and Jim W.:

Hello my friends! Thank you for the comments, always my pleasure to share my collection.

Best regards,

John

All:

Hello! Pictured is a magazine form my Kriegsmarine collection, unfortunately not framed.

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

All:

Hello! Pictured are two framed booklets from my Kriegsmarine collection. I love the cover art of seaplane rondevo with U-Boat.

Best regards,

John

• Like 2

All:

Hello! Pictured is a magazine form my Kriegsmarine collection, unfortunately not framed.

Best regards,

John

attachicon.gifKM UBoat Magazine Orange.jpg

John,

One can't frame everything.......

But looking at all your framed items you must have a big house with large walls !

"If you are anything like me, you have run out of wall space :smile:" ....... nice one Jim, my house isn't that big, but I can change what is hanging at the walls from time to time.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

John my friend.

I really do like those wartime magazines, and although they are a bit "colored" they are indeed still a great source of information.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

Bernie Brule:

Hello! Thank you for viewing my topic and leaving a comment. It is my pleasure to share pieces from my Kriegsmarine collection with the Forum. 

Best regards,

John

Txuko:

Hello! Thank you for the comment, always a pleasure to share pieces from my Kriegsmarine collection with Forum members and visitors.

Best regards,

John