Historical War Militaria Forum
Hans N

Finnish Order Cross of Liberty 1939

Here are my 1939´s

a 4th class cross. I really love the enamel on these

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 1

1st class Medal of Liberty

• Like 1

2nd class Medal of Liberty

• Like 1

Thanks Kevin! Well i´ve seen the finnish stuff going for over prices in Germany. What are you looking for exactly if i may be so bold to ask?

What were the Award criteria as there are so much Classes?

Basicly the award criteria are the same over the grades but each grade was ment to different military grade but not always followed depending on the circumstances for earning the award etc.

Enlisted men got the Medal of Liberty 2nd class, NCO´s the Medal of Liberty 1st class, Lieutenants the 4th class Cross and so on. In most cases the awards where given for bravery or wounds recieved in action.

Hello Eickhorn,

nice Mourning cross! The 4th Class Cross however is at best a replacement cross due to fact that the wreath is flat on the reverse which is normally seen on post Winter war crosses. But there is also a possibility that someone added the 39 cross to the ribbon. A genuine 39 cross has the same thick type as can be seen on your Mourning Cross.

• Like 1

Hello Gaston,

lovely little mini Cross! Finnish miniature awards where privatly bought by the awardees and this makes the mini´s quite scarce.

I  would love  to  start  collecting  Finnish  medals. I  think  they  are  beautiful  and  I  regard  their  armed  forces  highly. I  just  dare not  expand  my  collecting into  another  area. Then  again..........................................

Great  medals  on  this  thread.  Thanks  for  sharing  these  superb  items

Jim

Hello Eickhorn,

nice Mourning cross! The 4th Class Cross however is at best a replacement cross due to fact that the wreath is flat on the reverse which is normally seen on post Winter war crosses. But there is also a possibility that someone added the 39 cross to the ribbon. A genuine 39 cross has the same thick type as can be seen on your Mourning Cross.

Hello Hans! this 4th class cross is the same model for sale in Finnmedals (and it's the best place for buy Finnish decorations!), if you take a look all 4th class looks like this one, but anyway, in Finland at the end of the war they continue the production of medals...so could be.. . 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.