Historical War Militaria Forum
Hans Kondor

CAUTION BUYING HERE: The Dealers: The Bad and the Ugly

The Dealers: The Bad and the Ugly

This is the pinned thread where you can list dealers or sellers whom sell (huge) amount of reproduction and fake militaria, so (new) collectors can have caution buying there or rather completely avoid it. 

I would like to warn everybody that the following dealer sells their badges, medals and other militaria as originals, but they are all fake.

Here is the site: 

Other dealer sites collected from this thread and grouped here:

THREAD ON JAMIE CROSS:

UPDATE on "RK Militaria" this website is not active anymore, if he ever pops up under a new name, please mention it here.
UPDATE on "Honey Hole Militaria" this website is not active anymore, if he ever pops up under a new name, please mention it here.

• Like 2

Thanks Hans.

Maybe an idea to make a pinned thread for such posts ?

Best regards

Eric-Jan

it might be an idea Eric Jan

Hans thanks for the heads up those are seriously :cursing:  :cursing:  :cursing:

The Dealers: The Bad and the Ugly

This is now the pinned thread where you can list dealers or sellers whom sell (huge) amount of reproduction and fake militaria, so (new) collectors can have caution buying there or rather completely avoid it. 

All:

Thank you for sharing 'dealers of fake militaria', must know information. You are performing a great service to forum members.

Best regards,
John

Ralf Haas is a known crook, he threatens everyone who says anything bad about him directly with a lawyer. Be warned he also advertises a lot on many German auction sites. Fortunately he marks most of his pictures as he is paranoid anyone will use them and thus ruin his bussiness :squint: It's best to stay far far away from this man.

• Like 1

Good evening, 

Has anyone had any experience with the website www.ww2germanmilitaria.com ? They are based in British Columbia and update their website with new items to sell daily. 

Thanks for your help. 

I totally agree with Gaston about Klaus Butschek, a very honest dealer, very professional, one of the best dealers around, and very friendly

Thank you Gaston, for your helpful advice. Although I'm not an expert, I did feel as though something was not quite right about that website.

Any advice on how to go about selling my memorabilia? I posted pictures on the Collectors page as well as on the German Medals (Blockade Buster) section. I suppose it would be best to wait and hear back from members since I don't even know if they are genuine. 

Thanks again!

If you buy at Beck Militaria, you have to know your stuff very well. You can strike gold or strike out on that website.

In my collecting area ( 1957 awards ), I've purchased quite some good early badges for fair prices from him.

On the other hand, modern made copies are being sold as the real deal .....

Grtz,

Mathijs

I always keep well away from medals now, as there are so many fakes. It's sad, but it's not worth the risk of losing a lot of money on the fakes that are plentiful nowadays. As I'm not a expert on the different German medals, I wouldn't know the quality from one medal to another, so I leave them alone.

I've dealt with Klaus Butschek in the past and he was always nice to deal with.

If it's too good to be true, it normally is.... :rolleyes:

I  have  bought  alot from  Klaus  Butschek and  i  find it  disturbing  when  hearing  him  getting  bad press. He has  always  been  first  class  with  me,  honest , up front  and  very  very  friendly  to  deal  with. .

I  have  also  found  the  same  with  Helmut  Weitze.  I  have  purchased  most of  my  rarer  NSDAP stuff  from  him as  well  as my  Knights  cross.  i  cannot  fault  Helmut  at  all,  some  say  expensive but  a  first  class  dealer in  my  book

Jim

• Like 1

Experience with a dealer is a personal matter and the first impression and treatment you receive will remain and prevail for a very long time. I have bought for most of the dealers and only very few gave me a very bad taste. Most of them have fakes and give refund and take items back without a question. I personally try to buy from direct from collectors but sometimes you can't get what you want anywhere else than a dealer.. But I will keep going with badges as forums are there to help with very good persons with a lot of knowledge and fakes will ALWAYS be different from an original. The worst crook dealers are well known as well the very good one so just make the good choice where you buy.

I have bought a fake from lakesidetrader once and he gave me 100$ discount on the next purchase and about a year later, I bought a bomber clasp and he gave me that discount so I will always recommend him as a dealer.

But on the other hand, I bought a mint flak one day at a big show and paid by credit card. For some reasons the payment never took place and by the time that happen and they realize it I was long gone back home. I realized it only few months after the facts and call them to let them know that I want to pay it and tell that I was sorry and didnt know what happened but they treat me very rudely like I was a stealer or something and they never say thank you.

Always trust your feelings and experiences and keep in mind dealers just want to make money and we just want to get things for the cheapest possible...

Hi Sebastien,

Very true words, but i don't agree on the free part. There seems lately a lot of discussion about prices on the various forums. People indeed seem to be wanting everything for free, but this hobby is far from that. I think that to be able to buy original historical items is something special and the rarer an item is the more expensive it will be. People who don't agree on this and Always say "but one day ill find me that special bargain and get the item for next to nothing" will never get a decent collection.

Regarding the dealers: the thing is that you never know were that one rare item will turn up one day. Collecting militaria is like doing bussiness with the devil: you can't do it without it. If tomorrow that one item you've been looking for for years turns up at a known crooks site site i bet you will mail them and buy it! (i know i've done so and will definately do again!). Collecting is all fun, but it works also much different from how things in real life work out. 

Fortunately we have the forums and the collective knowledge of the members to wade through the fakes and worst crooks.

best regards,

Gaston

I will post some RECOMMENDED Sellers: 

I have used them all and highly recommend them. 

Helmut Weitze and staff: www.weitze.net  Probably my favorite Dealer.  Quite an array of items.  I love that he sends items (all items registered and uses FEDEx so there is world wide tracking) 

Collectors Guild:  http://www.germanmilitaria.com

A great site based out of Canada.  Mostly is a consignment shop.  Very well researched items, a great place to check out and familiarize yourself with some interesting facts about awards and their construction/regulations etc.   

www.emedals.ca    Another Canadian based company.  Barry Turk is a reputable dealer whom works with ties with formerly Detlev Niemann and now Carsten Baldes.  Both of whom are reputable dealers in their own right. 

These are dealers whom I have conducted at least 5 or more transactions with and have never had problems with.  I continue to return to them as I appreciate their integrity and quality of the merchandise. 

John at  www.germanwarbooty.com is another person whom I have only a couple of transactions but is a straight forward and honest seller.  So props to him as well. 

Regards,
JustinG