Historical War Militaria Forum
Hans Kondor

CAUTION BUYING HERE: The Dealers: The Bad and the Ugly

I can say one thing in honesty which seams to be a crime these days the HWMF British army cap badge data base to my knowledge is HONEST. And proud of it so enjoy.

• Like 2

You are doing an excellent and valueable job with the Cap Badge Database! We are all grateful for your time and effort, David  :thumbup:

Pardon the small rant, but it just gets to me some times. All those old time collectors, who built up their collections when SS-helmets were 25$ a pop, and who did'nt really have any troubles with fakes because there were more real items than fake ones.. They are the worst when it comes to this. 

I'm glad that HWMF is an oasis in this unhospitable desert which is militaria collecting  :squint:

• Like 1

Yes I agree, it is vital that we share our bad experiences with fake dealer sites ! The bad ones should know that there will be talk about their fake badges on forums like this one.

Im pretty sure the dealers also attend forums.

PeterPaul thank you for your input.

Good and bad experiences.

Keep them comming. :w00t:

On 2-5-2015 at 2:11 AM, Diaspora1942 said:

To know your game is absolutely vital, I agree on that. 

However, there is a sad tendency in the collectors world when it comes to the way we act towards crooked dealers. On certain forums online, one gets a cold shoulder when you get tricked with fakes. "Do your homework" is the mantra which is refered to. Thats all well and good, but what about the dealers then? Should not the majority of blame fall upon them? 

Apparantly, the Third Reich Militaria business is the only place where the buyer gets blamed for being frauded. While the dealers peddling fakes can keep going for years. Look at Snyder, Wittmann, Winkler. Why is there not a righteous cry for justice, to make these people responsible for all the frauds they have commited over the years??

Dear Robert,

Yes there are well known forums where they say "Do your homework" when one is burned with a fake.....as if it is all ones own fault.

For beginners / starters collecting militaria can be a minefield and the fakes are getting better and better !

Yes it is very strange that it is the buyer who gets blamed for being defrauded.

Some dealers do sell fakes / altered material / fake uniform with a single original eagle on it.....

http://www.historicalwarmilitariaforum.com/topic/8549-ss-uniform-of-ravensbruck-camp-guard-gertrud-rabestein/page-2

And when caught because the sale story is totally made up with a fake nonsense story....and the uniform itself is bad too, they start with insults and threatening ...... nothing happened to them and they can go on - business as usual.

Best regards
Eric-Jan

• Like 1

Yes i remember that thread very well Eric.

It was no suprise to me how these dealers act when cought out.

Now that Charles Snyder is deceased the worst of the worst is Tom Wittmann. He has high prices on both his real and fake daggers. The bad thing about it is he has a host of collectors who support him, usually rich "wise guys", who get their dagger fix from him and don't care if the poor beginning collector gets burned.

Apparently - OK.. After reading this thread for sure - You don't want to deal with JP Humbert Auctioneers: http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=879798

I bought several items at JP Humbert Auctioneers. Totalweight 1.9 kg, shippingprice over 200 euro. Yesterday the items arrived. First of all the German cross in gold is broken, and I reported that. Francesca Ellis simply told me if we have no glue in Belgium....to glue the broken parts ???
Second problem, they sold a waffen SS officers cap with peaked insignia which turns out to be a feuerwehrpolizei visor with fake insignia.
This is what I got as an answer from the CEO

1) The items were sent out in perfect condition- any 'breakage' is NOT our responsibility- you can take discuss this with Royal Mail who shipped the items. We did not sell 'broken goods.' The swastika has become detached in transit...

2) We charged you only £80.40 handling charge for packing your items. The rest was Royal Mail shipping cost- very reasonable.

3) Plenty of time was given BEFORE the auction to ask for condition reports of more images. Did you do this? All items were sold as per image and description.

4) All items are sold in good faith- no one else queried authenticity of your lots- we clearly catalogue anything 'reproduction' as being so. Anything broken or not correct is catalogued AF- 'as found'.

5) We do not just accept someone elses' word as being truth. Many people viewed the sale and you were underbid on all your items by other people. Noone else queried aucthenticity?

6) We deal with good buyers and sellers and everyone knows how to behave when they buy from an auction.

Feel very free to consult an attorney- ask him about Caveat Emptor...which means buyer be aware of what you buy. What can I do to make him pay for the broken DKiG ?

Just checked out spandaumilitarashop the prices look hocked up then he offers a great deal some item 70% & 35% off , as my father once told me if it looks to good to be true it is . 

Hi all what do you all think of Militariasales his items look good but so cheap that usually rings alarm bells but have only heard good things about him anyone had any bad dealings

I think you have stumbled across 2 good ones. I have bought from Military Warehouse and sold to Lakeside Trader with no problems.

Wittmann Militaria has the highly suspect Hitler head Christmas ornaments for sale - $500 each or 2 for $1000.

On 1/15/2013 at 6:26 PM, Bart V. said:

The Dealers: The Bad and the Ugly

This is now the pinned thread where you can list dealers or sellers whom sell (huge) amount of reproduction and fake militaria, so (new) collectors can have caution buying there or rather completely avoid it. 

Paul Waterworth well known con man from England been in court re selling fakes especially Third Reich .

MILITARIA 321 users to AVOID BELOW and there are many

"Mona90"  name  MONIKA GASIOR BUT the sender is RYSZARD NOWAK sends copies, lucky I paid by Pay Pal had to get my money back that way

Multiple ID User "Micha69" "ottos45" " New and old" "heimat69" "Passat" name MICHAEL WALTER gets reported then re applies wit a new user name,, make you wonder ????

"ROSENBERG 39" purchased items never got them lucky again Pay Pal refunded me.

"Germaniateutonia"  i asked for postage costs to buy an item , got this reply FY MF I asked what that meant got this reply, F**K you Mother f***er. we had dealings in the past re his horrendous postage charges. Both leaving negatives. I complained to 321 about him they removed his negatives and mine which I did not want removed as they told the true story re the transaction. This time I reported him for his foul language in his email . They accidently sent me an email meant for him 

Hallo Silke,

Du weißt ja, dass ich solche Probleme für dich löse, bzw. auflöse 🙂

Gruß
Wilhelm

Translated

Hello Silke,

You know that I solve such problems for you, or dissolve 🙂

greeting
Wilhelm

Again makes you wonder, such problems solved for him by 321 obviously he is renowned for getting such complaints from users,, he is protected by 321 as it seems are others all form Germany. Such Michael Walter, etc etc.

At present I seem to have been conned again but I paid by TransferWise so no protection. I am still awaiting the outcome and will update with result.

I HAVE COMPLETELY LOST CONFIDENCE IN MILITARIA321 there is NO SUPPORT for non Germans as I have found out. I hope I am wrong but my experiences have shown otherwise. I have kept ALL emails re proof.

my ID is ROUFLAB on that site worth reading my profile re all information

BEWARE OF Christian Violard from FRANCE another con man you buy he sends crap then disappears.

The amount of times I have been scammed is unreal and I take great care.