Historical War Militaria Forum
Hans Kristian

LW officers Visor..help with maker if possible...

Hey guys, 

I am sure some of you experts can help me with this cap.

Nice and very well kept LW visor, a few tracks from the moths, but otherwise sound.

Cloth with very short nap, doeskin..?..

Inside the pathetic rest of the celloid wit a few traces of white text; what is to see is the sharp part of a triangle or something at top, below this one a "i" , and below this a "T".

It could look a little like the Peküro pictured in Gary Wilkins book at page 364... :squint:.  (Stirndruckfrei - Deutsches ReichspatenT)

Anyway, a very nice cap I believe, nice bullion insignia (not a cheap visor, I suppose..)..

Hope you enjoy, 

Cheers,

Hans Kristian

Please login or register to see this attachment.

The inside and the sorry remains of the celloid...and makers name..

And Please.!!..if you need more pictures, I will gladly provide ofcourse...

Hi Hans,

An interesting piece! I don't think it's Pekuro and also not Erel. The body does appear to be a doeskin type wool. I'm not sure who the maker is but I really like the shape of it.

Hans - there were a lot of makers and distributors, and it's difficult to tell.  A friend of mine might know based on these photos...I'll ask him.

By the way, it's rare to find Luftwaffe visors with this type of wool nap.  NIce score!

J-

Jason, thanks for the help..!!..I dont know how many visors on how many sites I have looked at, but first clue was from Gary W book as stated...Very good to have this info.

And yes, I am very happy for the cap, especially this wool type. Will go fine for my LW arzt, I believe.

Hans Kristian

Jason, thanks for the help..!!..I dont know how many visors on how many sites I have looked at, but first clue was from Gary W book as stated...Very good to have this info.

And yes, I am very happy for the cap, especially this wool type. Will go fine for my LW arzt, I believe.

Hans Kristian

Hans - I'm happy to help, but really, "stonemint" from another forum is the one who I asked.  He's studied visors inside and out, down to the smallest detail, so that he can often look at a cap like this and tell which maker it is.

Would love to see your Luftwaffe Artz uniform when time permits!  I love medical branch Luft pieces, and you don't see them too often - especially officer versions.

Best regards,

Jason

Hans - I'm happy to help, but really, "stonemint" from another forum is the one who I asked.  He's studied visors inside and out, down to the smallest detail, so that he can often look at a cap like this and tell which maker it is.

Would love to see your Luftwaffe Artz uniform when time permits!  I love medical branch Luft pieces, and you don't see them too often - especially officer versions.

Best regards,

Jason

well, ofcourse I know Stonemint, I am also a member of WAF (narkose1958) , and I am definately aware of his skills and knowledge.

My latest uniform is here http://www.historicalwarmilitariaforum.com/topic/3230-lw-arzt-tunic-just-in/  - in the medical section.

And I have a restored LW Hauptmann medical uniform I will soon post as well.

Thanks for the help.:!..

Hans Kristian

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.