Historical War Militaria Forum
PioneerRAE

My Mannequin, and Helmet collection

Very nice Lou! I think I like your Afrika officer best but I also like your winter camo soldier and your SS Parka display. Where do you get your MP40 replicas?

Thanks Guy's, Adam the first one I got (it was a real nightmare to bring it in from the US, yep a replica that's how bad it's getting here in Australia!) form doing a google on the net and found this outlet in the US, and get this I paid US 240.00 and that was total cost with postage to my door!  Now if I had purchased here in Perth, and it was the same maker it would of cost me AU$800.00!   The second one I got from a military friend here in Perth and I did a trade with some messed up original helmets :smile:

Truly beautiful collection you've Lou. Thanks for sharing this with us. Should the uniforms have tailor labels, please post them in the uniform sections (for the reference databases). 

P.S.
Does the Afrika Officer have an EKII or a real KC around his neck?

Always good to see members collections.

Lots of time money and hard work to get just the right set up.

Great stuff

Well done mate. Thanks for sharing.

Dani

Thanks All for your'e comments :smile:    Bart sad to say yes it's a EK2 (from a distance it looks the part :biggrin: )  this is my tribute to Claus von Stauffenberg the hero who tried to blow up Hitler!  He didn't get a Night cross but I think I would off award it to him :smile:, also bart all off my tunic's are Military issue, and don't have any taylor made ones.    Guy's I just realised that the helmet on my GJ (Mountain Trouper) in the leather helmet holder is a original helmet but fake SS and Party shield were add, I just haven't got around to take them off, but it's a nice helmet.  

I started collecting back when I was 15 years of age (early 70's), and just helmets as I use to buy the little Commando comics, and I just loved :love: the style off the German M-35,40, and 42's, and then in the late 80's I thought I mite put together a half mannequin under my German helmet, and then it started (the collectors bug :w00t: ) but I can say now except for one more mannequin I want to put up off a SS Tropical soldier as I just managed to pick up a original SS Pith helmet that I was shown 4 years ago from the German Counsellor at the German embassy in Mexico, it came form his father, and also had items form his Grandfather form WW1, so I am looking for a SS Shariana Tropical jacket, and I think it will be only a half mannequin as costing for boots pants may be to high:-(.    

Regards form down under,

Lou

• Like 1

Hi All,  I just add another mannequin off a SS soldier wearing a Tropical Sahariana uniform I have made him a Tonekopf Infantry soldier as the Tunic was a unissued one, this is the first time I have done this, also the only thing that is not original are the trousers as I am still looking for a set off mint or near mint original ones, so the ones on the mannequin are Chinese copies, they only cost me $38.00 delivered but they are made to the original design.   I also managed to get a original shirt.     I also upgrade my SS Officer in Italian camo parka from a half mannequin to a full one.  

Please login or register to see this attachment.

PioneerRAE:

I apologize for this being my first time visiting your topic. I thank you for sharing your fantastic uniform collection with the Forum, incredible mannequin displays my friend.

Best regards,

John

Thanks John,  In fact I will be updating my post with a few new images in a few weeks as like everyone else, we keep adding new items to our collection, and also re-ranging items on mannequins.

Lou

A great collection and wonderful to see it all on mannequins.  Any chance of some close up pictures of the SS tropenhelm?

Lou, Great collection there mate, nice to see the "diggers" hat amongst it all. I can understand regarding the hassle with importing even replica weapons as I have a soft spot for TR award daggers (good copies) yet even these require a ton of paper work to get into NZ so for now am sticking to what I find on the NZ market.

Thanks for showing your treasures and I hope to see more soon.

Regards,Scott

Hi all,   Just packed away most of my collection, as it became a bit too difficult to maintain and display my full collection in my modern top floor living area (it just looked out off place), also I found that not all visitors to my bachelor pad liked War related items, especially some off the ladies I brought home:-(.     Down the road I will claim back my childhood bedroom, and make it into a proper War room, as the first floor of the house was built back in the 1930s so it will fit the period.    

Just to note, all off the MP40s, and the MP44, plus I do have a MG34 that is made out off risen, are replica's due to our import laws, but the MG34 on my AA tripod is a parts built original that was brought into Australia for the film industry, the receiver, and barrel are solid metal, at the moment I am in to process of looking for a original Lafette for the MG34.   The SS camo helmet cover is a post War made out off original material.  

Thanks for looking

Hi all,   Just packed away most of my collection, as it became a bit too difficult to maintain and display my full collection in my modern top floor living area (it just looked out off place), also I found that not all visitors to my bachelor pad liked War related items, especially some off the ladies I brought home:-(.     Down the road I will claim back my childhood bedroom, and make it into a proper War room, as the first floor of the house was built back in the 1930s so it will fit the period.    

Just to note, all off the MP40s, and the MP44, plus I do have a MG34 that is made out off risen, are replica's due to our import laws, but the MG34 on my AA tripod is a parts built original that was brought into Australia for the film industry, the receiver, and barrel are solid metal, at the moment I am in to process of looking for a original Lafette for the MG34.   The SS camo helmet cover is a post War made out off original material.  

Thanks for looking

Hi Guys,

Just had a big spending spree over the last 2 months, for items to finish off my collection, I just need to get just a few more items for my wish list! 

Lou

My new LW Officer Pilots leather jacket, a nice MG13 gunners pouch with strap, and my major outlay the MG34 Lafette tripod, now I just need the a MG AA extension pole, a set of leather carrying straps, and also the Optic.

• Like 1

Some more new additions to my collection,

Lou

First off I managed to pick up a AA extension pole for my Lafette Tripod, and also a centre shaft for my AA Tripod, they in a semi relic ground dug condition but the parts still working, and my latest full mannequin display of a LW Bomber Pilot, all off (cap, gloves, and clear A3 overlaying sheet for maps)  the items were located out of a Estate sale in Budepest, Hungry a few months back, and all items belonging to the one Pilot.    I now need to put up another full mannequin to cater for my LW Pilots leather jacket, as I had to take it down to put this channel suite up.   I just need to get a officers set of pants, as I have found another set of boots.  

Cheers,

Lou