Historical War Militaria Forum
Bart V.

Request a Forum or Category

Hey Jerry,

What ever would be the best way to make a search to anyone in need of info!

One of my contacts is a collector living on Malta and a encyclopidea regarding military buttons, who could be of a great help.

I think such sub sections can be very instructive to some.

It is not abourt showing but about sharing!

cheers

|<ris

At this moment it is better to create a dedicated thread in the correct Forum for the type or origin of the button. If later more specialized members join or it is requested again by around 10-15 members a dedicated Section could be created. 

Hey Bart,

thanks for considering thise!

I'll send a invitation in order to participate to the one's I know.

cheers

|<ris

Currently It is not active enough to make a whole new section for it. Also does it only need to be a certain period than, from a nation or all headgear from around the world?

Well I would like it in the Third Reich section but I am sure some people would like it in other areas as well.

Because my area of research is cloth-headgear naturally I would like a sub-forum for it but I think other people would like it as well because it goes down well on other forums.

Cheers, Pat

Just a sub forum within the badges data base section I think and then reference threads can be started and pinned and new threads added as and when required.  If need be it could be restructured at a later date.

Thanks Bart.

HI , i would like to see a section on british cloth unit / formation signs , maybe a pinned thread   a complete index  where we can constantly add examples   with a short unit history  and what variations of construction can be found  ?.

Barry Morris the dealer  used to use a simple code on his badge lists  P=Printed  E=Embroided  S/W =Silk woven  PP=Paint printed.

any thoughts ?

regards Michael

HI , i would like to see a section on british cloth unit / formation signs , maybe a pinned thread   a complete index  where we can constantly add examples   with a short unit history  and what variations of construction can be found  ?.

Barry Morris the dealer  used to use a simple code on his badge lists  P=Printed  E=Embroided  S/W =Silk woven  PP=Paint printed.

any thoughts ?

regards Michael

Hi Michel, easy for me to start a pinned thread on cloth formation patches in the uniforms section.

any thoughts ?

regards Michael

Michel,

I have started a basic pinned thread on cloth formation patches, which can be amended if need be.

http://www.historicalwarmilitariaforum.com/topic/6409-cloth-formation-badges/

British Home Front 1939-45 items of interest.

This would be great for the forum.

British Home Front 1939-45 items of interest.

This would be great for the forum.

It would get my vote, also a more general/discussion section in the British and Commonwealth area.

• Like 1

Will it be an active Forum and how many people would / could participate? Thanks already for your suggestions ;)

Happy new year Bart.

Any way for your information i do have quite a few items of home front.

There for i will post mine and im sure jerry has a few items as well.

I think other people would chime in as most have got the odd item or too, even if they do not collect it.

It looks like me and Jerry are in.

cheers :thumbup:

Hi Bart, I have a few items and I'm sure if it is there it is another section which might in time attract more posts and hopefully more members.

After speaking with Eric-Jan on this subject;

I would like to suggest a page dedicated to 'Signed First Day Covers', preferably as a sub-section to the 'Personalities and Veteran Signed Material'.

Examples have been posted already and there does seem to be some interest in them accordingly.

Regards Richard.

• Like 1

Could you provide some little more information? Does the sub-section than only feauture signed envelopes, or letters or books? 

Could you provide some little more information? Does the sub-section than only feauture signed envelopes, or letters or books? 

I suggest the page is exclsively dedicated to 'Signed First Day Covers', positioned as a sub-section to the 'Personalities and Veteran Signed Material' space already established.

Within there can be posted some of the myriad of veteran signed FDC that have been issued, in particular several of the Knights Cross signed examples.  Some signed FDC have been posted already and seem quiet well received.

Further to that, it might be worth having a seperate sub-section dedicated to veteran signed books, again which have proved of interest thus far.

Regards Richard.

I am with Richard regarding that subject.

Best regards

Eric-Jan