Historical War Militaria Forum
Bart V.

Request a Forum or Category

Richard and EJ, thanks. When the Forum has grown in activity (there are only now plus minus 130 posts), I'll make the first sub section. First would like to get it more active before it is split to much. Is this ok or would you both prefer it right away?

Bart,

I prefer the right away = now , option.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Bart,

I prefer the right away = now , option.

Best regards Eric-Jan

Bart

If possible, I agree with Eric-Jan and would like it implemented sooner rather than later.

This will allow the signed FDC to have their own dedicated area within the area for veteran signatures.

Regards Richard.

A pre 1914 sub section for the British & Commonwealth forces would be good.

Bedankt Kameraad.

Met vriendelijke groet

Eric-Jan

This translated is

Thank you Comrade.

Yours sincerely

A pre 1914 sub section for the British & Commonwealth forces would be good.

Anyone else up for this? Hope to hear more voices  :thumbup:

Yes im up for it.

Victorian badges fall into this,Having lugs.

Considering sliders came in at 1903 and changed lenght in 1906 would be good.

• Like 1

It should be remembered that only about 6 to 8 people post items in the British section on a regular basis, so roughly 20-30% of them want this.  It might attract more posters to the forum, it might not.  Only time will tell, but it is there for the future perhaps and if people find items from the earlier period from a online search they might be tempted to join.

All I want is a sub section similar to the homefront sub section within the existing section, not a whole new section unless it attracts a lot of posters.

Or perhaps make the section pre 1945 without the 1914 date.

I am with Jerry.

Good idea to create that forum.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

I am with Jerry.

Good idea to create that forum.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Im with Jerry to

Jerry, the new section will be created in the next Forum update. 

Thank you Bart.

As I mentioned, new sub sections can only open up the forum to a wider spectrum of collectors and allows the forum to truely live up to its name of Historical War Militaria Forum, rather than just somewhere for WWII and to a lesser extent WWI period collectors to hang out.

This might not happen straight away, but as the forum is found during online searches for a wider range of periods and the artifacts from them, it will hopefully attract others to join this friendly place.

• Like 2

Thank you Bart.

As I mentioned, new sub sections can only open up the forum to a wider spectrum of collectors and allows the forum to truely live up to its name of Historical War Militaria Forum, rather than just somewhere for WWII and to a lesser extent WWI period collectors to hang out.

This might not happen straight away, but as the forum is found during online searches for a wider range of periods and the artifacts from them, it will hopefully attract others to join this friendly place.

Well spoken Jerry !

Thank you for your thoughts and words.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

• Like 1

First of all, I just want to say that the layout and categorizing of this forum is superb! Thanks to the mods!

Could it be possible to separate Russian Empire and Soviet militaria? I think it would clear things up a little and I'm sure it will get more traffic.

First of all, I just want to say that the layout and categorizing of this forum is superb! Thanks to the mods!

Could it be possible to separate Russian Empire and Soviet militaria? I think it would clear things up a little and I'm sure it will get more traffic.

Thanks for the compliment to us.

To your second: Due less activity they are merged together otherwise if we split it - for the time being - it will just be another second inactive section. Therefor only if activity increases in the section they can be split up. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the compliment to us.

To your second: Due less activity they are merged together otherwise if we split it - for the time being - it will just be another second inactive section. Therefor only if activity increases in the section they can be split up. 

Thank you for clearing that up and I understand. We need more Soviet collectors here  :smile: !

Thank you for clearing that up and I understand. We need more Soviet collectors here  :smile: !

Feel free to help with that and convince friends to come over  :thumbsup:

Hi I notice that there is no place to post items concerning Czechoslovakia or the Czech republic

Regards

Alex

Hi I notice that there is no place to post items concerning Czechoslovakia or the Czech republic

Regards

Alex

Can make one in the next update. You've have many material to share? 

Hi Bart, No I don't have a lot but it struck me that as a European state, it's seems to be missing. If not a specific thread, then maybe one called uncategorised, where non-specific items could be posted

regards

Alex K