Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  

Picked this up today local to me. The officer in the middle appears to be a Lt. Colonel in the Royal Army Medical Corps and is apparently missing his left hand. The two sergeants with canes are both probably wounded and have an unusual twisted band on their caps. The one on the officers right is I think from the Welsh, though it could be any of the units that wore the Prince of Wales's feathers, such as the Pembrokeshire Yeomanry or the 3rd (Prince of Wales's) Dragoon Guards. The other is wearing a Light infantry or rifle regiment bugle badge, and could be King's Shroipshire Light Infantry, 6th battalion (Rifle) King's Liverpool regiment, Durham Light Infantry, Oxford & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry or the Nottinghamshire Yeomanry (Sherwood Rangers).

Not sure on the date of this picture as they are not wearing WWI medal ribbons, so sometime before the end of the war I think.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Managed to get some extra information on another forum and they are a recruiting party (as shown by the 3 colour ribbons on their caps), with the medical officer, who may be a Major and not a Lt. Colonel as I first thought, is to carry out the medical inspections and the other two are old soldiers who would have been roped in to help with tales of daring do.  The officer is wearing the Queen's South Africa medal (1899-1902) for the Boer war and the NCO on his right is wearing the Army long service and good conduct ribbon or the Volunteer long service ribbon, it depends on if it is crimson for the first or green for the latter.

Also confirmed that the NCO's are wearing the Welsh regiment and King's Shropshire Light Infantry cap badges.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this