Historical War Militaria Forum
Steve L

Early "Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe"......

57er Erdkampfabzeichen der Luftwaffe......

Gents, another 57er has landed ! An early Luftwaffe Erdkampfabzeichen with wartime rear hardware...a St u L made piece as evident by the bevelling of the inner area of the wreath circumfrance.....I have been after an early example of this award for some time.......It appears  the eagle is glued on ! Is that a flaw I can see by the head of the lighting bolt ?
Prost ! Steve.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

Thanks Patrick !     Just an observation...the flaw looks to be a repair to a crack/split in the lightening bolt.....yet there is no damage to the finish around the "repair".....was this done in house.....a factory repair ? or later...comments please.

Still a nice piece, with some character !  

Prost ! Steve.

Hi Steve,

at first ..... great and big pics who shows all. Well done, mate.

To the Erdkampf ..... a great very early beauty you landed there. For me it looks like a normal flaw from the die or stamping process. Reminds me somehow to the flaw from the S&L IAB´s .... you know, the area between wreath and upper gun.

These very early Erdkampf´s are by now harder to find and you did well to grab it. One more gap closed in your great collection  :thumbup:

Thanks for sharing, Steve.

Indeed an early one by St&L, very nice indeed .... not sure though on the wartime parts, but in all honesty I have not compared it to known wartime St&L examples.

Indeed an early one by St&L, very nice indeed .... not sure though on the wartime parts, but in all honesty I have not compared it to known wartime St&L examples.

Sorry chaps...I got carried away with myself ! I should of said "WW2 style" hardware....but I got carried away, it reminds me so much of this wartime "OSANG" version......

Prost ! Steve.

Here is a Deumer Erdkampfabzeichen to compare.This rare beauty arrives this week.  :wink:

Patrick, that is a beauty indeed !......a very fine catch, I love the Deumers ! it looks like the eagle is glued on as on the St u L piece....finer details, and not as much darkening, a much brighter finish..... 

Prost ! Steve.

Wow, Patrick  :ohmy:

Congrats on landing that beauty. Really rare piece you got there.

Looking at both makers now i´d agree that a dark cloud would look better on that Deumer babe ....... but the wreath and rest of the badge is still breathtaking quality.

Thanks for showing

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.