Historical War Militaria Forum
Amiklic1

KM and naval collection from Croatia

Let's show some other pieces. It's been quite some time since I was here, so let's start with a few items with local connection.

First is a metal 3rd Schnellboot flotille plaque.

Second is a KM tropical uniform I just received today, taken from a KM crewmember of  a Schnellboot in Sicily (so it should be from 3rd or 7th Flotilla)

Third is a death card of a KM sailor who died in Adriatic when he was only 19yrs and 5months old :-(.

Enjoy, and much more to come!

DSCF6653.jpg

T2e_C16d_w0_FI_J1hftp_BSPwk_SClw_60_57.j
T2e_C16_N_w0_FI_BNUCb_TBSPwk_IZDUg_60_57
e_Bay.jpg

• Like 2

and here are few more things for today.

First is a great KM officer's bullion sidecap which I recently bought from Peter Von Lukas in Stockholm,

image_115888.jpg

Second is a nicely preserved KM fore and aft hat (Zweispitze) in original box, unfortunately without the gold button on the side. I hope I'll be able to locate on in the incoming years:

KGr_Hq_J_n_YFHh_WYwnyq_BR_nj_RYR8_Q_60_5
KGr_Hq_UOKp_YFHln5q_Ci_LBR_nk9_C9_Yg_60_

Third is a great and mega rare Kriegsmarine Celestial globe, beautiful navigation instrument which was used under conditions I am still researching.

I've heard it was used onboard U-boats, and in a way that it was helping the navigators determining a rough coordinates so that U-boat can spend less time on surface.

It was, also, used in a training purposes in schools etc.

All in all, it's really rare device with around 10 known pieces of this type known to community (and some other which are there, of course ;-) , but we do not know about them).

My2.jpg

I really hope you enjoy in my collection!

Andjelo

Croatia

When I am running through the collection, let's show some other pieces.

Last three for today.

Enjoy!

First is a great, tombac vaulted Shickle U-boat badge.

04961_2.jpg

Second is great mint Wilhelm Hobacher Minesweeper badge:

Minty_WH_MS.jpg

Third is (unfortunately denazified) U-847 sailor Obermaschinist Max Pien's KM dagger. Great unmarked piece

49amesb1.jpg

That's it for today, and will continue when I'll have some time....

Enjoy!!!!!

• Like 2

Love all of it.  The Schnellboot, 11th U-flottille, and the Kanalflottille are really nice pieces.  Very envious. 

Really spectacular.

Regards,

JustinG

Nice Imperial German Ww1 U-boat badge. Still has remains of the green color, which was considered a verdigris for a long time.

This one is coming directly from the family.

Also, I have bought a great minty KM belt buckle. Very rare Overhoff piece, in steel.

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Nice Imperial German Ww1 U-boat badge. Still has remains of the green color, which was considered a verdigris for a long time.

This one is coming directly from the family.

Also, I have bought a great minty KM belt buckle. Very rare Overhoff piece, in steel.

Wow,very nice new additions.Congrats and thanks for sharing with the Forum. :thumbsup:

Nice new pick ups.  Really good condition KM belt buckle.  It always amazes me how much more the KM version of buckles are priced vs Heer. 

Really nice!

Regards,
JustinG

Nice new pick ups.  Really good condition KM belt buckle.  It always amazes me how much more the KM version of buckles are priced vs Heer. 

Really nice!

Regards,

JustinG

Yes, they are super pricey, and till today I have only this one and one KA, manufactured by Beco. I found that on SOS for a low price.

Here is a small swords display I made. Still missing the glass door.

I am still waiting for the KM sword which is on a layaway for me.

• Like 2

I was playing with the lighting.

It's all LED, done by myself and I am happy with the result.

Here it's with 3 out of 5 lights (can be used 3+2)

Front to back: Austro-Hungarian WW1, Kriegsmarine, French navy 1912, Italian navy 1920.

I will swap this italian piece with Japan navy frock coat shown previously as this is a parade display.

You judge:

• Like 1

The biggest naval battle on Adriatic during WW2 is considered to be the one during the night of November 1 1944.

H. A. Corbett was in command of the Hunt-class destroyer Wheatland, leading the destroyer Avon Vale northwards through the shipping lanes inshore of the island of Lussino in the northern Adriatic. His mission was to prevent the evacuation of German troops from Dalmatia, and, keeping his ships hidden against the shadow of the land, he was watching carefully over the Quarnerolo Channel when he spotted two German corvettes, UJ-205 and UJ-208.

Increasing to full speed, and lighting the channel with star shell, Corbett opened fire with four-inch guns at 4,000 yards, and in a fierce exchange quickly reduced one corvette to a wreck and blew up the other. Avon Vale had stopped to pick up survivors when a third German ship, the ex-Italian torpedo boat-destroyer TA-20, rounded a headland and opened fire before turning to flee.

Corbett gave chase, and in a running fight sank TA-20. The action was over in half an hour, and 71 German survivors were pulled from the water that night and 20 more the next day. Corbett was awarded a DSO.

And here is a real gem in my collection, with post-war upgraded rank stripes but still his personal piece ;-)

• Like 2

And here are some more items from Royal Navy:

• Like 1

A nice blue belt with lovely lions and buckle.

I love this piece!

• Like 2

I think this wasn't posted before.

An extremely rare Seeberufsfachschule Neuwied sleeve insignia. Also one photo from Internet.

These were naval schools and all about them is extremely rare.

• Like 1

Amiklic1:

Thank you for sharing your Royal Navy uniform and Kriegsmarine sleeve insignia and belt with the Forum, absolutely fantastic pieces of militaria my friend. Additionally, your sword and uniform displays are stunning.

Best regards,

John

I think this wasn't posted before.

An extremely rare Seeberufsfachschule Neuwied sleeve insignia. Also one photo from Internet.

These were naval schools and all about them is extremely rare.

Wow,stunning insignia.Thanks for sharing with us!

THis is a GREAT collection with a load of fine artifacts. And your displaying is fantastic..the area for the 7 tunics..so well done. I am priviledged to see this.

Anyway, you have a lot of medical trade badges, would you possible have any medical equipment of any kind..?..

Best regards

Hans Kristian

THis is a GREAT collection with a load of fine artifacts. And your displaying is fantastic..the area for the 7 tunics..so well done. I am priviledged to see this.

Anyway, you have a lot of medical trade badges, would you possible have any medical equipment of any kind..?..

Best regards

Hans Kristian

Unfortunately not.

(yet ;-) ).

It has to be KM-marked, so finding any kind of equipment is extremely hard task, though not impossible.

1. Best KM collection I have seen!  timothy

Timothy D:

Amiklic1's collection is indeed absolutely fantastic, always a pleasure to browse topic.

Best regards,

John