Historical War Militaria Forum
Amiklic1

KM and naval collection from Croatia

Hi Andjelo,

This is amazing collection and very tastefully displayed, it was a great pleasure to go through your thread. Just beautiful, thanks for showing!

Cheers,

Hubert

Hi Andjelo,

This is amazing collection and very tastefully displayed, it was a great pleasure to go through your thread. Just beautiful, thanks for showing!

Cheers,

Hubert

Bubba_Z:

You are absolute correct, Andjeio's naval collection is amazing. It is always a pleasure to browse topic.

Best regards,

John

I really nice collection! :) Loved looking at every picture. :thumbup:

If you ever deside to part with the 11th Ubootsflotille wappen, please let me know. The 11th Ubootsflotille was stationed in my home town Bergen, Norway! :)

Thanks guys, for a nice words and support.

Recently I am having too many things to do and I am really submerged under many projects in my work,

than there are many familly things that are ocupying me and not much time is left for my collection.

But that comes and goes every now and than, so everything will come back as usual, I hope.

In the meantime, I got one Austro-Hungarian flottenrock (frock coat) which I am restoring to an original

look (came with no buttons).

Hope you like it.

DSCN0152.jpg

• Like 2

Another item I got is a box for Enigma rotors.

That's really a special item for me, as I already have 5 rotors so this will perfectly suit that display.

It's extremely rare piece and one of those I never thought will come to my war room ;-).

Fortunately miracles happen from time to time, so here it is:

image.jpg

• Like 2

Ant the last one for now, here is a pair of padare dress epaulettes of Royal Yugoslav navy.

Fine piece, which took the classy look from it's predecessor, Austro-Hungarian navy and in most of the parts

it's similar to that one. Only the crown is different on some models.

Also a rare piece I am very proud of:

DSCN0098.jpg

• Like 2

Amiklic1:

Hello my friend! Thank you for sharing your latest acquistions, a trulywoundeful collection.

Best regards,

John

Andjelo, (or Andelo - when looking at your marking in post # 27)

Thank you for showing us your Enigma box.

Everything related to the Enigma is rare material.

Is it possible to show extra images of the box - and your rotors please.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Hi Andjelo,

Thank you for showing those rotors.

Also thanks for the two extra Enigma box photos, looking forward to the other pictures when the box arrives at your place.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

Amiklic1:

Hello my friend! Thank you for sharing you fantastic Enigma rotors and box with the Forum, very impressive. I would love to have a KM rotor in my collection one day.

Best regards,

John

Thanks guys,

I am really trying hard to get some of the unusual and rare pieces in my collection,

and help and support of fellow collectors really means a lot to me, as much as looking at your collections

fuels my soul and helps my imagination to figure out what's still out there.

• Like 2

Just be persistent (stubborn?) and take your time.

Spend hours, days, weeks and years in looking for the best.

Work hard days and nights for the funds and give up many nice things in life to build something like that.

Every way different than that is not such a good fun ;-) (at least for me)

After almost 18 months, many nice itemsa I was buying in USA came to my war room.

A friend bring all of this, so it's Christmas time for me now!!!

Ther reason why I order to a friend's address is the Custom's fees and tax issues in Croatia, where I would pay almost 50% of actual price to be able to get the item, while noone is looking at those items when you bring them in suitcase.

So, waiting a bt pays off, for sure.

Here is the reason of my happiness:

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Hello Andjelo,

Indeed Christmas is early this year for you.

From the photos it seems that you were able to buy some nice items.

The badges do look great, is it possible to show some close ups of the front and back side.

Thanks for showing.

Best regards

Eric-Jan

I have found some photos of the badges, so I will post now.

First, a well preserved Wilhelm Hobacher Minensucher badge:

• Like 1

And than there is a special piece for me.

Almost non-affordable because of high price, I got this one after my finances went down,

with the help of a colleague collector from WAF forum. I am extremely happy this piece is now here,

and I still miss tombac Schwerin-marked Hilfskreuzer and Schwerin Blockadebrecher (Both versions).

• Like 1

I am not sure if this piece was presented earlier, but just today I've done some studying about it, so let's present it properly.

Kaiserliche marine epaulettes, well preserved pair beautifully manufactured, with silverr tress and without the fringes.

A colleague says these are from Bismarck-era, somewhere from 1870's till late 1890's.

During Kaiserliche marine period, paymasters and constructors have silver instead of gold epaulette fringes and cloth instead of velvet between the stripes.

Paymasters grades were a bit different. Zahlmeisters were the lowest grade of paymaster, being equivalent to an ensign. Next came Oberzahlmeistern and Stabszahlmeistern (2nd & full lieutenants). Their status was that of "special civil servant with military rank", and they were appointed only by the Kaiser. According to "Luxury Fleet", one Stabszahlmeister served on each capital ship, with a lower ranking assistant. Why would they be listed with the officers in the Rangeliste (as they were)? Although the paymaster grade was not officially part of the Officer Corps under the Regulations of July 1899, they were nevertheless officers by Imperial appointment.

I hope you like this interesting and rare piece from my collection.

• Like 1

Andjelo / Andelo,

Thank you my friend, for showing the photos of your two outstanding Kriegsmarine badges.

What a beautiful quality.

I do like them both very much.

Best regards

Eric-Jan