Historical War Militaria Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Bart V.

Show us your Iron Cross Award Documents

Hello,

Matthias, Richard, Kevin and L76 : thank you for having presented your documents :thumbup:

Here is an interesting document handed to an officer after the fights of Normandy. This officer was a member of Pz. Gren. Rgt. 192, unit of 21. Pz. Division. Document with stamp signature of Generalleutnant Edgard Feuchtinger.

The following link allows to see a board of the officers of this unit, Rusche appears at the head of 4. Kp : http://www.lexikon-der-wehrmacht.de/Gliederungen/Panzergrenadierregimenter/Gliederung.htm

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Please login or register to see this attachment.

• Like 2

Hello,

L76 : very attractive document concerning your domain of preference :wink: The signature is undoubtedly the one of von Gall.

Kevin : magnificent document of the campaign of France signed Guderian with there more an interesting location : city of Besançon. Very attractive model printed for Luftgau XI :thumbup:

Here is a document awarded in May, 1940 to a member of 7. Flieger Division and signed by Generalmajor Richard Putzier. This soldier will fight then in Russia then in Crete. 

This paratrooper unit was committed at the beginning of the attack of Belgium.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Polux said:

Here is a document awarded in May, 1940 to a member of 7. Flieger Division and signed by Generalmajor Richard Putzier. This soldier will fight then in Russia then in Crete. 

This paratrooper unit was committed at the beginning of the attack of Belgium.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

And here is one to an airman who was involved in dropping paratroopers in the West in 1940 (and in Crete). Signed by Oberstleutnant Morzik.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BCD4 said:

Here is one of mine:smile:

Great example - the variant all EK citation collectors want.

L76, Polux: Great Western Front linked citations you are showing! Interesting the 276. ID doc was backdated, never seen that before! I also got a citation of Panzergrenadier-Regiment 192 (for EK2, see EK2-citation-thread), dated 2 weeks earlier, but apart from that (almost) identical...! Same signatures.

6 hours ago, Ian Jewison said:

Variant EK I document printed by General Kommando XIII Armee Korps to Leutnant Heinrich Hellthaler, later Hauptmann u. Kompanie Chef with Georgisches Infanterie Bataillon 823 on the Channel Islands.

Nice variant and nice signature of Dr Lothar Rendulic.

13 hours ago, Kevin H said:

Nice variant and nice signature of Dr Lothar Rendulic.

LOL....I knew there was something else I wanted to add before posting it

Dr. jur. Lothar Rendulic

26.12.1941 Deutsches Kreuz in Gold - Generalmajor u. Kommandeur 52 Infanterie Division
06.03.1942 Ritterkreuz - Generalleutnant u. Kommandeur 52 Infanterie Division
15.08.1943 Eichenlaub - General der Infanterie u. Kommandierender General XXXV Armee Korps
18.01.1945 Schwertern - Generaloberst u. Oberbefehlshaber 20 Gebirgs Armee

On 26-2-2017 at 5:44 PM, Polux said:

Hello,

Thanks L76, very beautiful document of 346. ID with the signature of Diestel.

Here is now a unique model of diploma printed in the fortress of Dunkirk/Dünkirchen. This document was awarded to a member of a unit of transmission in December, 1944. The stamp affixed on this document is the one of 226. ID but the signature is the one of commander of the Festung Dünkirchen, Vizeadmiral Friedrich Frisius. 

Cordial greetings.

Polux

I've seen stunning examples being posted in this Thread by you all, thanks very much! I also have never seen this type from the Festung Dunkirk, are there more examples out there and was it greated in the Festung itself?

• Like 1

Here is a little one, related to a 271.ID Sani during the hard fights south-western of Caen, in second part of july or early august 44. Doc signed by Gen. Lt. Danhauser.

• Like 2

Hello,

Bart : Documents printed in Dünkirchen are unique in this Festung. I know the versions EK2, EK1, KVK 2 and Verwundentenabzeichen.

L76 : Very attractive document concerning the fights of Normandy.

Cordial greetings.

Polux

Received this in the post yesterday which I was given for free in thanks for helping someone with identifying some signatures. It has seen better days but it is to a member of Pz.Nachr.Abt 86 of 24.Pz.Division and the date of 22nd October 1942 puts it in the time frame for the heavy fighting around the Barrikady & Tractor Factories in Stalingrad.

His name also appears on Verleihungsliste Nr 2 from 24.Pz.Division listing those to be awarded the EK I & II with Pz.Nachr.Abt 86 having 82 soldiers winning the EK I & II.

The soldier in question is still reported as Missing at Stalingrad, one of over 103,000 German troops still listed as Missing from that batle.

The citation is signed by Arno von Lenski (DKiG) who was captured at Stalingrad and then while in captivity he joined the Soviet supported National Committee For A Free Germany. Post war he served as a Generalmajor in the East German Army.

• Like 1

Wow, interesting and -- why I love research -- is that you can trace the soldier in original documents ! Really nice gift. Thanks for sharing, Kevin. Since he went Missing I can only assume the Kompanie or he himself did send the Urkunde to his family since the document survived? Think they framed it as a sort of memorial.

14 hours ago, Bart V. said:

...Since he went Missing I can only assume the Kompanie or he himself did send the Urkunde to his family since the document survived? Think they framed it as a sort of memorial.

I would assume so. The reverse shows a few signs of having been stuck to something and I would think the light area at the top of the citation would of been a ribbon of some sort, either an EK II ribbon or a black band.

Hello all

To continue this nice thread :

A classic variant for an Ofw. of 363.ID, awarded at the beginning of september 44, by Gen. Dettling. This NCO was badly wounded on 8 august 44, so he won the EK 1 during the first week of involvments of his division in southern area of Vire, in Normandie.

• Thanks 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this